+ Reply to Thread

What's everyone using for their Today Screen?

When I had an IPAQ 3955 There was a few programs that tweak the Today screent o show weather, battery power, and a bunch of other useful stuff and it looks pretty too. Wondering if we have anything for the PPC6600? I tried to install Today Plus but it wouldn't launch. Not sure what's the deal. Hoping someone have other cool programs I use.

Re: What's everyone using for their Today Screen?

Originally posted by dannieboiz
    When I had an IPAQ 3955 There was a few programs that tweak the Today screent o show weather, battery power, and a bunch of other useful stuff and it looks pretty too. Wondering if we have anything for the PPC6600? I tried to install Today Plus but it wouldn't launch. Not sure what's the deal. Hoping someone have other cool programs I use.
    SPB pocket plus is very popular. For weather I use marsware weather panel. I also use Digital Expidition eXPerience. It turns your today screen into a windows xp interface. It works like your desktop.

I have ditched SPB Pocket Plus. I am using Pocket Breeze, with Contact Breeze, and Pocket Weather. All available from
    http://www.sbsh.net

I am using the PHM Power tools - tray launch to launch programs. Not as nice to setup as SPB PP but much less memory usage.
    http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/PowerToys/

Lastly I am using Wisbar Advance2 for task management and start menu bar replacement. Replaces the rest of the SPB PP functions nicely. (Minus the PIE stuff)
    http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/wisbar/

Phone Alarm for all the alerts.
    http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarm.htm
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

most today screen plugins crash my phone... i only use vBar for the today screen.

oh, and I just use VC to get to everything like launching programs

Ok I got Wisbar Advance as well as Phone Alarm

never mine, got phonebreeze too.
    Last edited by dannieboiz; 10-18-2005 at 01:34 AM.

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

I like iLauncher. I too, ditched SPB Pocket Plus because of the multiple problems I experienced with it.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

I use Launcher, a little freeware app, I just put the shortucts into a folder and bam.

Add to that PA and Marsware Weather and I'm all good.

Task Management is shared with TaskSwitcher and Magic Button

Doesn't get much simpler and more stable than that

I use iLauncher and WisBar Advanced 2. I tried magic button and vbar but they both would make some programs stop working. On magic button, after a few days I couldn't press the phone button to start the phone or couldn't get the camera to work. I haven't had any problems (knock on wood) with any of these apps.

Are u guys experiencing any freezing to the system when using these programs? I noticed that my system freezes after a phone call using these programs. I'm gonna troubleshoot it later to see which program is causing this.

I soft reset once a day due to Sprite Backup. When I go a few days without a soft reset I see some freezing. I can't say which program is causing it. I am also running Voice Command which is also a major culprit for slowdowns and memory usage.

I have to reset every hour if I play with the phone a lot. It's half way decent when I stay with the PPC function but when I switch to using the phone I get major lags, sometime only half of my dialer shows. Could it be my old Rom Version? I noticed I only have Rom Version 1.36.113 WWE
    and Radio Version HA00-140 and
    PRL version 10028
    Sprint PPC 6600 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 6900 -->?

KC Mike - obsessively converged mb5451's Avatar
    SPB PocketPlus and Marsware weather. SPBTime screen saver. Sprite Backup, with daily soft reset.

The only issue I really have is having to soft reset if I switch from using my BT Headset to not using it. Otherwise, calls can be placed and answered, but no communication, either direction is possible. The call is active, but no voice sounds go back and forth.
    KC Mike - Palm/PPC/ ..............

Blackberry Curve 8310 - Google Maps, Beyond411, Splashid, 2GB micro-SD

Your ROM version should be fine. You will have to do as you said, and add the programs one by one and see what is interacting badly.