+ Reply to Thread

Play Media Player while in case

I want to be able to lock all keys (except on/off on top) whilst I'm playing my media player. If I turn off to lock keys, the player turns off. If I leave it on, the arrow keys are pressed when I put the phone in the case and then anything can happen.

Thoughts ?

PocketMusic allows this. I have been using it for a while.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

if you are streaming in media player, just hit the on/off button and within a second or two it will keep playing. this is what i do when listening via orb or an online radio station.
    mmmmm.....Sprint Mogul....!

Originally posted by skippyrq
    if you are streaming in media player, just hit the on/off button and within a second or two it will keep playing. this is what i do when listening via orb or an online radio station.
    Sorry to appear real dumb but can you explain... hit on/off when it's in the case ? of after ? Please give a dummy like me some instructions of what you are doing..

Cheers,

When I am streaming (not playing a file on the PDA) I wait for the stream to start then hit the on/off button. It then stops but after a second or two it picks up and resumes playing all while the display and keys are off. At this point you can put it back in the case. I am doing this with the WMP 10 ROM upgrade. Not sure if WMP9 behaves the same.
    mmmmm.....Sprint Mogul....!

I have the exact same issue. When I hit the power button, the music stops and it doesn't come back on. It comes back on when I hit the power button again (turning the screen back on) but I can't play music with the screen off.

I have a Sprint PPC-6600 with the 2.04 ROM, running Windows Media Player 10, and PocketMusic.

I am trying to play music that I have stored on my SD card.

In PocketMusic, there is an option to automatically turn the screen off after the music starts playing. This option appears to work, but not very well. It's kind of unreliable. Sometimes it doesn't turn the screen off, and sometimes after it does turn the screen off, it comes back on.

Has anyone got any music player to play music from an SD card after the power button is hit?

Try this, locks all the buttons execpt for answer/hangup and turns off the screen.
    http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities...pocketpc.shtml
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

GS player reliably turns off the screen when you select Tool>Display off. Regardless of which player I am using, I use GS player to toggle the display off.
    Mick