+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Headset?

Does anyone know of a good Bluetooth headset for the PPC-6600?

Also, is there any way to hear the sounds from software I may be running on the Bluetooth headset, or am I limited to the phone?

Like, if I'm watching a movie, can I hear it on the Bluetooth headset?
    If I'm streaming music, can I listen to that on the headset?
    If I'm using a music sequencer like Griff or Phoenix Studio will I be able to hear that thru the Bluetooth headset?

I know I can hear all of these things thru a wired headset, but I have never used a Bluetooth headset so I don't know if it will be different or not, and I don't know which ones work good with the 6600.

Also, if I upgrade to the 6700, will the headset work well with it or will I need to get another one, or will there be a better one that works with the 6700 that doesn't work with the 6600?

When you say Bluetooth Headset, are you talking about a Bluetooth phone kit that would allow you to take calls, or an actual Bluetooth headset like you'd attach to an iPod so you could listen to music without wires?

There are both.

There are many threads on this site that deal exclusively with using Bluetooth to make and take phone calls. As well, I'm sure that there are threads about Bluetooth headphones for listening to media files.

Use the search feature to find some of these threads. A simple search for "HS810" would probably get you some results that have to do with Bluetooth headsets for phone usage. From there, start reading.

I'm interested in both- one for taking calls and one for listening to music.

However, I'm not against using the one for taking calls as the one for music. it would kind of suck only having it in one ear, but it's better than nothing.

If you search, you'll find that both types exist. There may be one that does both, but you'll have to search for it, I don't remember what the consensus was by those who tried it.

There isn't any that will simple send all sounds to the headset like a wired on does. They are all a little tempramental.
    Stairman

Originally posted by stairman

There isn't any that will simple send all sounds to the headset like a wired on does. They are all a little tempramental.

Dang, that sucks. That is exactly what I was looking for- a Bluetooth headset that I could use for calls, and also use as a mono headphone for music and system sounds, etc.

I use a BlueTrek G2 headset, and I have heard the Logitech mobile freedom is good too. Can't help with the music bit though.

I love my logitech mobile freedom, cheap price, works great. as said, wont help you with music.

and to answer another very common question ... no, bluetooth wont work for voicecommand
    Telus 6600 w/camera, Logitech mobile freedom, 1Gb SD
    Rom 2.04.00 WWE, Radio HA01_147, ExtRom 2.04.115 WWE, BT3500

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar
    I use a Motorola HT820 . It can be used for BOTH phone calls and listening to STEREO music AND movies etc. It works great for me. I can hear everything clearly and consistantly
    Last edited by jaderaven; 10-19-2005 at 07:26 AM.
    iPhone - AT&T
    Past phones:
    Samsung i700 -Verizon
    XV6600 - Verizon

Originally posted by jaderaven
    I use a Motorola HT820 . It can be used for BOTH phone calls and listening to STEREO music AND movies etc. It works great for me. I can hear everything clearly and consistantly
    Sounds like exactly what I need. Where's a good place to get one? I have looked online and can't seem to find one anywhere...

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar
    Originally posted by SaltyDawg
    Sounds like exactly what I need. Where's a good place to get one? I have looked online and can't seem to find one anywhere...
    SEARCH

I bought mine from EXPANSYS for $82US at the time (August)
    iPhone - AT&T
    Past phones:
    Samsung i700 -Verizon
    XV6600 - Verizon

So nobody knows of a single earpiece type Bluetooth adapder (that you use for talking on the phone) that you can also hear movies, etc, on? That HT820 looks pretty good, but I really don't need the headphone style. I was thinking more like the earphone style. SOmething small that I can take with me everywhere, use for talking on the phone, and also use it for listening to movies (among other things) in one ear.

Don't get me wrong, that HT820 looks awesome and I'll probably end up getting it too (if I can find it) but I don't want to HAVE to drag it with me in order to hear anything on my PPC-6700.

There is a product called the iTech Clip-S that has stereo earbuds. Some people have had success in getting good sound out of them. I'm trying to get a pair, but they are not sold in the US yet; so far they seem to only be available shipped from HK, so they are fairly expensive relative to other BT headsets- but in fairness the price is reasonable considering what you are getting. The second earpiece is also removeable.
    Available on eBay and other online retailers.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

Forever Confused
    Here's a place that has them in the UK. I've bought mine overseas with no trouble at all. http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/...eo/125801.html
    Bluetooth Stereo - Buy at cheap prices from the best stores at Kelkoo - : Mobile Phone Accessories

Has anyone used the i-Tech Clip IIs before? Does it work with the PPC-6600? Can you actually hear your music and movies and stuff with it?

How big is it? I'm guessing it's a little box, with a built in mic, with a headphone jack. So you plug in the headphones to be able to hear your calls (and movies and stuff) and you use the built in mic for talking on the phone. Is this correct?

Any info on it would be greatly appreciated.