+ Reply to Thread

SPB Pocket Plus, Resco Utility Package, Sprite Backup

I've been using the Resco Utility Package on my PPC-6600 (and on my G1000 before that).

Today I bought SPB Pocket Plus and Sprite Backup. I'm trying to make them all work together.

Is there a way to make the SPB Pocket Plus use the Resco File Explorer instead of the default File Explorer that it normally uses?

And is there a way to tell the Sprite Backup that I don't need its battery and memory meters (and anything else SPB Pocket Plus duplicates)?

Go into the "Today" applet under Start->Settings and uncheck whatever you don't want on today screen like Sprite's Monitor software. It will go away.

Good luck with Spb Pocket Plus! Most of us deleted it because it caused far too many problems. My phone used to HARD RESET every few days because of it. When I uninstalled it, no problems!
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Oh crap, that doesn't sound good, lol.

So, I've enabled the scheduled backup in Sprite Backup and set it to backup on a weekly basis. Does anyone know if it will delete the previous backups when it does this?

I really don't want my whole storage card being taken up by backups. And I don't want to have to go in there and manually delete them either.

But I do want the first one saved. So I guess I want a total of 2, maybe 3 backups on there at any given time. Is this possible? Or will I have to manually delete them after it automatically backs itself up? Or will it automatically delete the previous backup after backing itself up?

Originally posted by SaltyDawg
    Oh crap, that doesn't sound good, lol.

So, I've enabled the scheduled backup in Sprite Backup and set it to backup on a weekly basis. Does anyone know if it will delete the previous backups when it does this?
    It's under the app's settings:

When the program comes up, click "Options" and click "Switch to Advanced Mode"

Go back into Options and click "Backup Options" -> "Backup File Management". Set to keep 3 backups (if that's how many you want to keep) and it will manage it itself.
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Thanks for all the help man. I have it going now. I really appreciate all the great advice...

Re: SPB Pocket Plus, Resco Utility Package, Sprite Backup

I've been using the Resco Utility Package on my PPC-6600 (and on my G1000 before that).

Today I bought SPB Pocket Plus and Sprite Backup. I'm trying to make them all work together.

Is there a way to make the SPB Pocket Plus use the Resco File Explorer instead of the default File Explorer that it normally uses?

And is there a way to tell the Sprite Backup that I don't need its battery and memory meters (and anything else SPB Pocket Plus duplicates)?
    I don't know about your first question, but you can uninstall Sprite's extra programs and leave only Sprite backup. I had stability issues with them installed even though I had them removed from the Today screen. From what I've seen on Sprite's message board, the extra programs are no longer supported and are not being further developed - why they just don't remove them entirely is beyond me. They haven't seemed to work correctly forever

I've been using SPB Pocket+ for a long time, including the weather plug-in. At first I had problems with it crashing, but once I removed a bunch of the icons under the Main, System and Connect tabs, the problems went away. I have six or less icons under each tab and it's been rock solid for months.

What's more, is I have Journal Bar installed too - which seems to be another one that is unstable for many people. Weird part of mine is that it used to be unstable until I added the Epansion Pack.

Here's a list of everything I have installed:
    - Agile Messenger
    - Tweaks2k2
    - PHM
    - MemMaid
    - SPB Time
    - SPB Pocket+
    - SPB Weather
    - Sprite Backup
    - Journal Bar
    - Journal Bar Expansion Pack
    - iNav iGuidance

It was stable with the original ROM, and is rock solid with 2.0. I don't have Resco, but have considered buying it too.

One thing that I have Sprite do is an automatic backup w/reboot at 3:00am every day which writes the backup to my 2GB SD card. When the device is rebooted, Journal Bar kicks off it's update which connects automatically to the internet. While JB is downloading its updates, SPB Weather grabs its updates too (SPB will not make the phone automatically connect for some reason).

Re: Re: SPB Pocket Plus, Resco Utility Package, Sprite Backup

Originally posted by Curt

Here's a list of everything I have installed:
    - Agile Messenger
    - Tweaks2k2
    - PHM
    - MemMaid
    - SPB Time
    - SPB Pocket+
    - SPB Weather
    - Sprite Backup
    - Journal Bar
    - Journal Bar Expansion Pack
    - iNav iGuidance

It was stable with the original ROM, and is rock solid with 2.0. I don't have Resco, but have considered buying it too.

One thing that I have Sprite do is an automatic backup w/reboot at 3:00am every day which writes the backup to my 2GB SD card. When the device is rebooted, Journal Bar kicks off it's update which connects automatically to the internet. While JB is downloading its updates, SPB Weather grabs its updates too (SPB will not make the phone automatically connect for some reason).
    That sounds like a nice setup, and a nice backup and update routine.

Is all that installed to your SD card or do you have some of it installed to main memory?

I did away with PPlus a long time back, It's a memory hog and stopped other things from opening. Switched to SBSH ILauncher, Pocket Breeze and Contact Breeze. All great programs.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Re: Re: Re: SPB Pocket Plus, Resco Utility Package, Sprite Backup

That sounds like a nice setup, and a nice backup and update routine.

Is all that installed to your SD card or do you have some of it installed to main memory?
    Nothing is installed to the SD card - too many issues with programs installed there. I think it has to do with the way it initiates the SD slot - it appears that it isn't started until after everything else has come up on the device and things like .dll's that need to load into memory often fail.

Everything with the exception of Journal Bar and the Expansion Pack is loaded into Storage (those two are loaded in main memory). I'm using 10.49MB of Storage (4.08MB free). In main memory, I'm using 16.87MB (45.98 free) of storage, 24.46MB (38.40 free) of program. Everything runs very well, and lock ups that require a soft reset are *very* rare. Hard resets are non-existent so far.

I do have other programs that I'd like to load, but causes the setup to become unstable. Battery Pack Pro and eXPerience both upset the balance so I don't load them anymore. I've tried just about every combination of these two programs (including having only one program loaded on a fresh hard-boot) and they still have problems (especially BPP; eXPerience is just a huge resouce hog which bogs my system down). Since I've figured out what is stable for me, I haven't bothered to try to install these last two apps, so if they've updated their software in the last two months, I don't know if they've improved or not. I didn't have 2.04 loaded back then either, so that may affect the setup as well. I'm not really interested in getting them to run right now either

I have MOST of my programs installed to the SD card. Takes a little longer to come up due to the SD card being slower read/write speed, but seems to work ok. Everything but Spb Pocket Plus, that is. And it was installed to INTERNAL memory!

Originally posted by BetaMan
    I have MOST of my programs installed to the SD card. Takes a little longer to come up due to the SD card being slower read/write speed, but seems to work ok. Everything but Spb Pocket Plus, that is. And it was installed to INTERNAL memory!
    Believe it or not, I actually had more issues with Pocket+ loaded in main memory than I did in Storage. It could be that it was because of the combination of programs and/or the order I loaded them - I really don't know. In the default "installed form", I definately had problems with it being stable. I had read somewhere in this forum where someone else took out a bunch of the icons from the Pocket+ Today plugin and it seemed to fix it. I had similar results.

The only problem I have been having lately is where Sprite sometimes fails to do its automated backup because it can't shut down one of the processes. I didn't have this problem until I loaded Agile. I will be taking off Agile's Today plugin and see if that fixes it. It's pretty rare that it fails to do its backup, so it will be awhile before I'm sure if it was fixed or not.