+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VX 6600 vs "All the Rage"

There's alot of hype about the new HTC wizard's and whatnot...the new 6700 of our ilk...the more I see them, and the more I think about it, the more I say....

nu-uh

our little 66-hunskey has just about everything they have and more (depending on your version). I will bet, that if you really think about what this device is really for, you will agree...

I have a NO-WIFI WC (no wifi but with a camera)

OK. the new devices have wifi...
    but I got EVDO

OK, they got the cool landscape keyboard....
    -try to use that baby to look up a contact while you're driving!
    -get a Sidekick!

WM5 ?
    last I checked...it was pretty buggy...I like my rock solid 03SE

Belvadere - scmelvadere...
    Yeah, speed is great....but don't you sacrafice battery life for speed....In my opinion...our baby has plenty of get up and go.

Bottom Line: the VX6600 is the most unbelievably useful device I have ever had....I am always on it...always getting information on something....never out of touch...always keeping people updated

It's just neat!

Just my two pesos. Let the roasting begin!

Matt

I doubt you'll get roasted, since you posted this IN THE 6600 forums. Had you posted it in the 6700 forums, I think they would roast you alive. I for one agree with you, pending release of EVDO update for my Sprint 6601 I'd prefer to keep this. I might have talked the wifey into a 6700 however, so it's the best of both worlds!
    Tom

I'm keeping this baby, until they release a VGA ppc phone!!!!
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

I certainly enjoyed my 6600, but I won't go back from the i730. For me, the smaller phone factor and better "one-handedness" is the key. I'll take the smaller but sharper screen and faster processor. Volume is better as well. I don't use the wifi b/c EVDO is great. I do wish I had no antenna, but you can't have everything. I'm with Catman for the VGA screen, but until you improve battery life with it, I don't think you'll see it on a phone yet.
    Jeremiah 29:11

My last four phones have been the I-Mate, the PDA2K, the 6600 and now the 6700. From real world EXPERIENCE I can tell you that you are not correct. The wifi on the 6700 is better and easier than the pda2k, non-existent on the 6600. The camera is worlds better on the 6700. And while the 6700 has its bugs its not nearly as buggy as non-owners keep trying to make out, in fact it seems to have less bugs and more advantages than WM2003.

I have no clue why you would brag about having EVDO, its native on the 6700 you don't even seem to know that which means that you're knocking a phone that you've never even seen. Sounds like you got a bad batch of grapes there, that's probably why they're so sour!

R

I'm trying to figure out who's he's trying to convince - us or himself

I just don't see the point of posts such as this. I don't care what anyone thinks of the device I use, nor do I give a rat's ass what anyone else is using. If the device works for you, fine - but keep it to yourself

Originally posted by Curt

I just don't see the point of posts such as this. I don't care what anyone thinks of the device I use, nor do I give a rat's ass what anyone else is using. If the device works for you, fine - but keep it to yourself

I disagree. The purpose of forums is for people to share information and opinions. If everyone kept things to themselves, we wouldn't have a forum! I agree that each person has unique needs and not one specific device is better than another, it all depends on needs.

Tom

Originally posted by Curt

I disagree too! Some people look to this forum to help them decide if they want a 660x device. Based on what they read from actual owners opinions, they either go ahead and take the plunge, or steer clear. If you don't want to read it, just move on! But don't trash someone else for their opinion!
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

I don't know the 6700 and thus cannot comment, but I am bustin'-buttons pleased with my Verizon XV6600.

If the 6700 is even better, I would probably be beside myself (which is something hard to visualize.)

Originally posted by BetaMan
    I disagree too! Some people look to this forum to help them decide if they want a 660x device. Based on what they read from actual owners opinions, they either go ahead and take the plunge, or steer clear. If you don't want to read it, just move on! But don't trash someone else for their opinion!
    There is a big difference between posting useful information and flame bait. Posts such as these are useless - they're the pointless ramblings of one person's opinion on why they own something. It's nothing more than a way to convince himself as to why he still has it and will feel vindicated if at least one person pipes up with a "you're so right!" response. It is usually an indication that they wish they had a newer/better device but have to make excuses as to why they don't (or can't afford one). It's the "what I have is the best and everything else sucks" syndrome.

I do it all the time - almost everyone does whether they realize it or not. The difference is I know that I'm doing it and I don't go posting about it

Curt I don't understand why you think this post is useless. The OP, made a statement, backed it with why he believed it, and started a discussion. I think he would have gotten different responses in different forums but it is still a valid discussion topic. It happens in the other forums as well. People moving forward usually post what they like and dislike versus their previous version. If you think its a useless discussion why are you adding to it? You are bumping a thread that you dislike. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, including you, so why are you getting on this post? You are questioning motive instead of adding to the discussion. I do not wish to start a flame war so please, everyone involved in the "This thread Sucks Discussion" please stop.

So back on topic, being on the cutting edge has its perks and its downside. Downside is nothing is fully tested until it gets to the general public. Upside is they USUALLY fix know bugs. With this as with any technology, as soon as you buy it its obsolete. The question always is - Is the new cool thing worth the upgrade price? Until the answer is yes, you usually stick with what you have. My answer so far is - Nothing out there is worth the upgrade from the XV6600 (The PPC-660x maybe worth the upgrade until the release EVDO on it) Now if I were going from scratch, I would say that is a different story but certain qualifying qestions would make me suggest the 6600, such as budget limits and larger physical screen.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Ivan, with the wisdom you show in posts like this, I think you can remove "newbie" from your title...
    Jeremiah 29:11

Originally posted by IvanLasston
    Curt I don't understand why you think this post is useless.
    Because he has nothing to make the comparison. He has a 6600; he's only indicated that he's seen the 6700 several times. If he doesn't own a 6700 and lived with it for awhile, he really has no clue what he's talking about and isn't qualified to give an opinion between the two devices. This post is nothing more than a self-reassurance excercise and has no value, especially after you read posts from others who have tried the 6700 and went back to the 6600 for whatever reason, or have moved on to the 6700 and haven't looked back.

Thumbs up

The verizon lady convinced me that my purchase of the XV6600 was the right choice. Then when I took it home and heard of what the I730 had I immediately felt buyers remorse. I was going to take the phone back and get the I730. So I went in and my friend who works at verizon was there when I walked in the door. I guess he was testing the I730 because he was carrying it around (he doesn't own one). I said whoa that is the phone I want, let me see. When I couldn't press the start button with my skinny fingers, I knew that the I730 wasn't for me. The screen is just too freaking small to pass as a PPC Phone Edition device. It along with the 6700 is a Smartphone. Whole different set of user expectations. And those who says the keys on the keyboard are too small must have flunked the High School Typing class. I can type about 60% as fast on my 6600 than I can on a regular keyboard (70 wpm yea I type as fast as a secretary, so what ) The XV6600 is one of the best PPC Phone Edition device ever. It it had Wifi it would be the best device period. No one can argue with that. The case is closed. Wrap it up. Its in the books. The award is in the mail.
    Its Hard out here for a pimp, Just trying make money for the rent, Cadillac Gas money spent, and all of my peeps jumping ship.

Angry broken lcd AUDIOVOX XV6600

Does anyone know where i can get a replacement lcd screen for my AUDIOVOX XV6600.

thanks
    TimP@pelsue.com

Re: broken lcd AUDIOVOX XV6600

Originally posted by Peters12171
    Does anyone know where i can get a replacement lcd screen for my AUDIOVOX XV6600.

thanks
    TimP@pelsue.com
    I'm looking for a blower for a 2000 chevy silverado, anybody know where I can get one?
    Tom

thanks
    Ipostinrandomthreads@andneedtolearntosearch.com
    Last edited by d2tw4all; 10-20-2005 at 01:46 PM.

well smart guy you are not so smart after all. i posted looking for a replacement for my lcd not my touch screen. on the XV6600 they are two diffrent parts and the little link you posted in the other thread only replaces the touch screen not the lcd. anyone out there with a bit more brains than this guy?..............no one like a smart ASS

Originally posted by Peters12171
    well smart guy you are not so smart after all. i posted looking for a replacement for my lcd not my touch screen. on the XV6600 they are two diffrent parts and the little link you posted in the other thread only replaces the touch screen not the lcd. anyone out there with a bit more brains than this guy?..............no one like a smart ASS
    OH BOY are you lucky Ehud isn't around!
    Tom

I have both and went back to 6600, the differance wasnt enough for me to get past the size. 6700 is sharper and cleaner and you can do little more like make MP3s to ringers, Evo i didnt use alot, and camera is real nice but i dont use that much either, I did like the mini usb charge i have ton of cables for it, hated mini sds (have alot of SDs floating). After day 2 of using it I gave it my wife.

Originally posted by mwfielder
    Ivan, with the wisdom you show in posts like this, I think you can remove "newbie" from your title...
    Thanks MW. But you are reading my title wrong. I am a moderator of the Newbie Forums, ie welcomes and introductions and which phone to get. Here in these forums I'm just a regular dude trying to do my part.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2