+ Reply to Thread

What sync software are you using?

What sync software are you using? and is anyone syncing to Lotus Notes?

Activesync was in the standard load on my 6600 and it doesn't appear that I can remove it and install something else. Has anyone else done it?

I've never seen any other Activesync software. There are some enhancement programs FOR Activesync, but I don't think there is a replacement.

So, to answer your question, "What sync software are you using?", I believe everyone is using Activesync.

Wish there WAS another option. Activesync SUX IMO.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

At least with the Palm, I know people are using Intellisync to sync Lotus Notes on 1 computer and Outlook on another. I haven't heard of anyone doing this with a PocketPC but I thought that it may be possible. Is everybody using Activesync and Outlook?

Please don't start another thread on the same topic.

Possible to use software other than Outlook?

What provider are you on? Sprint Buisness connect or Verizon's wirelesssync gives you the ability to sync to lotus notes. Also try SEVEN.
    http://www.seven.com/products/consum...a_program.html
    Beryl has been saying good things about it.

I've already pointed you to intellisync and it does do Pocket PC to Lotus.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

IvanLasston: This isn't the same topic as that one. That one I was asking for an Outlook replacement. By notifying me that Intellisync exists did not help. You didn't answer my question. You're not here either. BTW, I have Verizon.
    Last edited by Rayscopes; 10-21-2005 at 02:47 PM.

Maybe I don't understand the question. Was the question in the other
    "Possible to use software other than Outlook?"

My answer was yes, intellisync allows it. If that doesn't answer that question then please clarify the question.

Your question here is, as I understand it is "What sync software are you using?" My answer was intellisync lets you sync to a bunch of stuff. Plus Verizon's wirelesssync lets you sync to a bunch of stuff. SEVEN lets you sync to a bunch of stuff.

So if my answer that all these programs let you go to something other than outlook and are a way to sync with multiple platforms, does not answer
    -"Possible to use software other than Outlook?"
    -"What sync software are you using?"

Then I need you to clarify your questions.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Smile

I guess what I want to know is does anyone use anything other than Outlook and Activesync right now? If so what? I don't want to beta test for 6mos to develop something new but possible, I want to use my 6600 today or tomorrow. If noone else is doing it right now then its probably not easy and I don't want to waste months trying to get it to work. I have less than a week left in my 15 day trial with Verizon before I return this thing if I can't get it working acceptably. My Palm has been disconnected for a week and I have calendar items on my home computer, work computer, and scraps of paper and napkins all over my desks with notes on them. I need something that works now. Sorry if it sounds like I'm lashing out, I guess I just want some direct answers. Thanks.
    If anyone wants to jump in here and share with me what they're using, I'd like to hear it.