+ Reply to Thread

Angry bluetooth help needed, please!!

I just bought a bt module for my laptop and followed the instructions for bt active sync and bt dun. neither work. i have a vx 6600 and here is what is going on:
    i can pair the devices, and assign a port under quick connections in the bt manager, however I run the active sync wizard from my phone..it says that my computer is offering it two profiles: serial a and serial b. when i choose one of them, the phone tries to connect on port com 11and com port 12 repectively.

i dont know what to do, the help screen in the bt module says "some applications do not make available ports assigned by blue soliel. if this is the case, blue soliel will not work with this application"*

this is my first experience wit blue tooth.. so if any answers are forthcoming...please explain them clearly if you can.

thanks!

well, i got rid of the blue soleil software and replaced it with wincomm and a couple of patches...I got the device to pair with the computer, and AS seems to "see" it (AS starts to sync) but then after a while AS comes back with "your device isn't a pocket pc".

I am really frustrated....is there anyone here with a little more experience that can tell me what I am doing wrong?

Not that anyone cares or is reading this, but I will post the solution just in case someone else has the same problem:
    Get Activesync 4.0 if you are using bluesoleil. AS 4.0 lets you connect on up to 20 ports.

People are reading, but I know I didn't have a solution for you.
    When I started using BT for ActiveSync, I was already using AS4.1 and it all went fairly smoothly using the directions.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!