+ Reply to Thread

I promise I looked but couldn't find/back light on keyboard

when I first used the slide down key board the light would come on didn't stay on very long but now it wont come on at all is there something I could have unknownly done to shut it off. I checked all the power setting and back light setting everything seem to be ok any suggestion
    Lynn

Sounds like it could be a hardware issue. The only other settings I've seen for the backlight are in the registry, and unless you went in there, they shouldn't have changed.

Backup phone and try a Hard Reset. If problem still exists, it is the phone itself.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

There are keyboard backlight settings available in the GUI, you don't have to go into the registry to change them.
    Tom

Originally posted by d2tw4all
    There are keyboard backlight settings available in the GUI, you don't have to go into the registry to change them.
    Tom
    According to his post, he already checked that!
    Hence, my post...
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

he said "back light setting", which could be that he checked the LCD back light, I was just pointing it out... I'm not aware of more settings for it in the registry than what is available via the GUI, are there?
    Tom

Hi was looking at your messages today! Last night my light did come on the keyboard once but than it went off. Have not been able to get it to go on since. you said somthing about GUI setting where are these setting and what is GUI or did I already check thoughs and they have a different name. by the way I am a she not a he He He
    Lynn

Oh sorry for the gender confusion, I think you are one of 3 girls in the universe who have one of these devices so I'm just so used to putting he! Anyway, GUI just stands for Graphical User Interface, it just means that there are settings you can change without going into the registry, I believe with the keyboard it's a delay setting you can change, sounds to me though like you have a physical problem with the keyboard, like maybe it's not detecting when it's open or the light itself has a bad connection, not sure but if it's intermittent it's probably not a setting.
    Tom

Thank you Tom apprecate your input I think I will take it back to Verzion and have the check it. by the way you are probably right I am not only one of a few girls that have this and am a eletronic nut but I am also 60 years old My son who is a computer programer says that I have stuff he doesn't even have. by the way excuse my spelling I am not one of the best and have been give a hard by a few of our Pdaphonehome friends so tend to pull back from saying to much on the site although I am getting braver.
    Lynn
    Last edited by lynnhamm; 10-25-2005 at 12:55 AM.

Be brave, post whenever you want, I think some people take posts here too personally, anyway good luck at the Verizon store!
    Tom