+ Reply to Thread

PPC-6601 Low ring tone

I can't seem to find the option(or should i say correct option) to make the ring tone louder. So far I've tried the button on the left side of the pda to adjust the 2 volume bar. I've gone through all the options in settings and haven't found anything that will make my ring tone louder. I know it's not the sound file or speaker because they play loud when I play them as a file but when I get a phone call, it's pretty low. Please help

So there's no way to adjust the ring tone loudness without using an outside program? That's pretty odd for a phone.....It's not like I'm asking to make it louder than the specs allow, I just want it to be as loud as when I play it as a wav or when I'm selecting a ring tone. Right now, it's about half as loud as it could be when I get a phone call.

there is a registry hack, but it wont make a difference, your best bet for ring tones is using one of the ones on the other thread, as for music use winamp and through it you can raise the volume a “bit” but nothing g8

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Killy - Read the FAQ at the top of the page. Your answer is there. It does not require a hack or anything of the kind.

Originally posted by Killy
    So there's no way to adjust the ring tone loudness without using an outside program? That's pretty odd for a phone.....It's not like I'm asking to make it louder than the specs allow, I just want it to be as loud as when I play it as a wav or when I'm selecting a ring tone. Right now, it's about half as loud as it could be when I get a phone call.

Sorry if I'm a little slow but I did read the Sticky: FAQ for the xv6600/PPC-660x and did not find anything on ring tone volume. I did check the link that manmz provided and using that now. It sounds a little better.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Killy - You're not slow. I simply got ahead of myself thinking that MultiMatt's addition of loud ringers had been included in the FAQ (It shoulda been). Read on:

Share LOUD Ring Tones here!

&

http://www.pocketpclouisville.com/fo...opic.php?t=619
    Last edited by br549; 10-24-2005 at 11:18 PM.

Don't know what happened to mswlogo. The FAQ hasn't been updated in forever. You really want to read:
    Must read thread for newbies
    Must Read Threads for Newbies!!!!!

Loud ringtones link is there. It is a link to Hobbes' ringtone thread, MultiMatt's is good too.
    Loud Ringtones & System Sounds!!!!!
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Hey IvanLasston, new avitar? What's up with that?
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Its from one of my favorite web comics - MegaTokyo

http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?strip_id=11

Its a thing, its cool, its a cool thing. Its kinda how I feel about these devices sometimes. I got it, I'm not sure why. Heck I'm not even sure what it does, but it sure is cool. Plus the Hitch Hikers Guide icon was getting old.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2