Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

no update? sell you sprint 6600 today?

i was in a sprint store today and district manager was there for the northeast. he told me to the best of his knowledge there will be no ev-do update for the 6600. his suggestion was to sell it immediately on ebay (before everyone out there knows there really is no update) take the money and add a few dollars to it and buy a 6700.

he said half of the postings on boards related to the 6600 are put in by sprint employees themselves. obviously, he says they started the ev-do update rumor so the remaining stock of 6600s could be sold at regular prices. once the shoe drops and everyone knows the device is old school slow its value will be greatly dimished.

list it on ebay while you still can?

Ok if anyone should be banned from here it's you, what you are suggesting is as preposterous as the headlines on the Star tabloid. Why don't you go ahead and sell your 6600 and get a 6700 and then troll over at the 6700 forums!
    Tom

tom

if you dont like the message there is no reason to attack the messenger. this is what i was told. why cant you accept it is possible?

Because an NDA prevents me from factually discussing this.
    Tom

Hello Moderators!?!?! Please ban this guy so he will quit opening new thread after new thread about the same thing!!! It is getting old and really polluting the board. Put a stop to it now!

Just look at what all his posts and threads are about!
    http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...earchid=770342

Also, why do you think a Sprint person would tell you to sell your and buy a 6700? Hmm... Increased sales in his district! Of course he is going to say that. Use common sense.
    Last edited by skippyrq; 10-25-2005 at 09:22 AM.
    mmmmm.....Sprint Mogul....!

there is nothing wrong with these posts moderator. the evod update is a central issue for 6600 users. i am just stating what i was told. there is no reason why i should be banned. there is some reason why some of the members of this forum dont want to hear anything about the possibility that there may not be a ev-do update. i find this odd. maybe they work for sprint or have a vested interest in keeping rumors alive?

Please please please just sell your 6600 and get a 6700, please!
    Tom

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Hey, jervis man:

Shut up already.

Ehud

there is really something terribly wrong here. there are few members of this forum who are consistantly putting out information about an ev-do update for the 6600. when anyone says there might not be they are shouted down or insulted. this forum is for people who want to discuss issues related to the 6600. i am stating what i was told. there is nothing wrong with it. it seems a few members have ignited this rumor about the update that no one at sprint will substaniate. they perpetuate this rumor about an update coming yet it never comes.

Have you ever heard of an NDA before? If you heard it from Sprint's VP or something, I might believe you, but thus far there are CONFIRMED reports of both UT/Starcom and Executives in Sprint stating an upgrade is in the works. Your local store drones and/or their director don't trump that, IMHO. We aren't stomping on you because of your stating what you heard, but instead how the information was presented and your vehemence in trashing Sprint and the 6600 in your commentary. All along the sources have indicated an EVDO update for the 660x to coincide with the EVDO network announcement, which HAS NOT happened and is probably going to sometime this quarter. Until that event happens, there is no good reason to doubt what we've heard, unless a much more reputable source can be confirmed above what you've suggested. That's fine if you post what you hear, we don't mind that at all, but adding new threads making the same statements and a sky-is-falling attitude really stirs up the pot, especially from a non-seasoned member...
    Tom

i have spoken to at least ten sprint employees on a corporate and store level all of them either deny or have no knowledge of any update. this is all i can say. i suggest you have an open mind. i have not seen one shred of evidence from sprint of any update. the only ones who talk about updates are a few uses in this forum. this is why it makes sense to me to sell the 6600 now and add a little to it and get the more up to date 6700. if you are wrong, and there is no update everyone has an obsolete device.

Have you used a 6700 before? I'm more likely to leave Sprint for Verizon if no update comes out than get a 6700. Most likely I will keep the 6601 for another year or so either way, there's nothing obsolete about it, except for no EVDO which isn't exactly going to make me go out and shell out another $500+. Sprint is being tight lipped for a reason for sure, you attribute it to trying to clear out their 660x stock, I actually think they are waiting for the big EVDO annoucement. Notice that you can't get the 6700 in stores yet? Nobody knows for sure when that's going to happen, Sprint hasn't announced it, does that suddenly mean they aren't going to carry 6700's in stores? I personally have felt all along that an EVDO update will be released, I've read plenty here and elsewhere to support that, and I think it's in Sprint's best interest to release an update, there just aren't any good reasons not to and too many reasons why they should.
    Tom

Originally posted by portjervisMan
    i am stating what i was told. there is nothing wrong with it. it seems a few members have ignited this rumor about the update that no one at sprint will substaniate. they perpetuate this rumor about an update coming yet it never comes.
    Ok, yes you are stating what you have heard, but you are stating it over and over and over and in new threads just a day or two after you stated it in another one! Keep it to one thread and you won't have such an uproar.

Read over at pcsintel.com. Chris Price was told by UTS that an update is coming. My Sprint store tells me one is coming. Data services Tier 2 support says there is one coming as well. Plus many many others that I cannot name right now. Email Audiovox and ask them. They will confirm that the update has been sent to Sprint.
    mmmmm.....Sprint Mogul....!

I'm going to assume the in-store goofs don't know what they are talking about (as usual) and that an update IS coming.

Anybody have info on what it's going to cost us yet ? (for the EVDO service)

DLD

I would imagine the same as the 6700, which is currently the same as regular vision.
    Tom

portjervisMan You are entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to what you believe as fact. You are more than welcome to post on these forums. The problem people are having is with your forum etiquette. You've opened two new threads on the same topic, saying basically the same thing. First off, this has been discussed multiple times and you should have posted in one of those threads. Even still, you should not be starting two threads on the same topic, in two days. Please do not start any more threads on this topic. If you need help with forum etiquette watch this video

http://www.linuxbench.org/Posting.html

As far as employees knowing anything, I am surprised you are taking their word at face value. Check the discussions on any of the phones before they come out. People always say that employees had never heard of it. I found the same to be true with any carrier. They keep most of the employees in the dark, and those that do know, won't say anything due to NDAs.

Second, from where you start your arguments is wrong. You state that Sprint would not upgrade the phone due to technical cost and difficulty. It has been brought up already, but since you didn't heed it I will bring it up again: Sprint already released an upgrade to this phone. An upgrade to EVDO would entail the same process so it is a known quantity. So your starting argument that Sprint would not release an update is already wrong.
    Last edited by IvanLasston; 10-25-2005 at 01:29 PM.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Originally posted by d2tw4all
    I would imagine the same as the 6700, which is currently the same as regular vision.
    Tom
    Nice ! You think I'll get away with just keeping my $15.00 "pictures pack" / internet access ?

DLD

tom, what you say is fine. its just is far rom a sure thing at this moment about the ev-do update. some people can live without the high speed internet and perhaps you are one of them? for me, to have a device that offers speeds 10 times faster then what we have now makes all the difference.

Originally posted by RacerX10
    Nice ! You think I'll get away with just keeping my $15.00 "pictures pack" / internet access ?
    I'm thinking I'll get away with my $10 data, picture, video, u/l SMS, BCPE plan! - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Your NDA must be on a rather low level if the word of 1 out of 100 Sprint VP's would convince you of the PPC6600's obsolescence.

Originally posted by d2tw4all
    Have you ever heard of an NDA before? If you heard it from Sprint's VP or something, I might believe you

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast