+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SMS manager?

SMS manager?

Is there any really good SMS management tools out there? I saw this thread but it seems like its been killed a long time ago.

Enhanced SMS Application (ALPHA)

There was a link provided in that thread but it was broken

Anybody using any good SMS software on their PPC?

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    I've previously posted that I'm going to "kinda" take over development of SMSPro, but until that happens, maybe I can work on getting another time-limited beta released. I'll look into that, and see what I can do.
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

Thanks, sputnik. A lot of us helped with the development of SMSPro. It was a real disappointment when it vaporized.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

I dont mind being one of the 'subjects'... just hand me a link of a beta and ill gladly test it out

Originally posted by sputnik
    I've previously posted that I'm going to "kinda" take over development of SMSPro, but until that happens, maybe I can work on getting another time-limited beta released. I'll look into that, and see what I can do.
    Hey we over at the PPC 6700 fourm have been tring to get a SMS Program development started. We have run accross info on SMSpro. We would like to support your efforts to developing this app as well. Please keep us posted on your developments.

the link to the thread is:

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...734#post431734
    When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine

Awesome, there are so many people that have migrated from the Treo world that would easily pay for this app. I can't wait until a new beta is released!

Originally posted by sputnik
    You have access to the source?

Originally posted by aarong
    You have access to the source?
    Enough that I can create a current exe for the application. I'm not going to do anything without further talking to Matt (RICoder)...and I'm not sure if he's back from his honeymoon in Hawaii yet. So, congrats to Matt for tying the knot!!

Anyway, if you were in the beta group for SMSPro, please PM me. Thanks!
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

Better yet, I just fixed the PocketMonkey forums , so go check in there. I'll try to upload a new version of the beta for the beta team tonight, when I get home.
    _______

Is this dying again? Any way to throw some money at this as this is the last feature I need to really enjoy my 660!

How does one join the beta team? I average 6000 txt messages a month and would love to put this to a strenuous test.

Originally posted by bnl771
    I average 6000 txt messages a month
    Daaaauuummmmm... lol I average about 1,500 txt messages a month and I thought I was doing a lot.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

It would sure be nice if someone released a new version of the SMSPro beta without the time limit....

gotta put a time limit on it so the man can make money for the effort he puts into developing it. It's only fair.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Yeah, what I actually meant is a new beta... the old one timed out long ago.

Originally posted by amirmckelvey
    Daaaauuummmmm... lol I average about 1,500 txt messages a month and I thought I was doing a lot.
    Ha ha... well, it is. However, all my friends and I are "in" so everyone goes just a little crazy. It's really quite sad.