+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Email Client

Email Client

Greetings,

I searched the forums and didn't find an answer to this question...

I'm in search of an email client with "rules" support. That is to say, the client should be able ot pop email from my account and then sort it into one or more folders depending on who it was sent from/to etc.

I have tried WebIS Mail which was advertised as having "all the features of Outlook and more" but apparently they were talking about the pocket version of outlook.

Anybody on the forum have any ideas?

Thanks,

John

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    None such beast.

Your best bet is a desktop client that does it into IMAP folders, then use pocket outlook or webis to get those folders.

E

Bummer...

Setting up the folders isn't any big deal... it's getting the emails to go into those folders.

Even a program like BizConnect would work (in fact it would be great for this case) but I haven't found any that support the folder hierarchy when the device is synched wirelessly.

That is to say that when BizConnect syncs the mail from outlook to my device over the air it dumps all the messages into the same folder.

Activesync does a fantastic job of syncing everything when the 6600 is plugged into the computer but it doesn't do anything over the air.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

John

Wait a minute... I just re-read your reply and that does sound like an interesting idea.

If I'm correct, you're suggesting that I setup a desktop client that would take the "popped" email as it comes onto the computer, organize it, and then act as an imap server which the 6600 could sync with.

Does such a program exist?

John

linux
    PPC6600
    2.04.00 WWE
    HA01_151 IS-683A+1xEV converted 10029 (with no EV entries :( )

Google "Qmail Pocket PC"

ProfiMail is quite good as an IMAP client. It also supports a number of rules. Check it out.

sudermatt,

thanks for the pointer to qmail. I installed it and it seems to do what I have been looking for.

The interface is a little rough, and it doesn't trigger any notifications, but other than that it's a good program!

I had tried ProfiMail in the past and was not impressed with it.

Thanks again.

John