+ Reply to Thread

Wired Headphones Revisited (Shure I series?)

I'm getting tired of waiting on the perfect BT headphones, and after a recent plane trip, I'm thinking about noise-cancelling. I came across a post about these the other day -
    http://www.shure.com/news/pressrelea...es_101705.html

Yeah, they're a bit $$$, but maybe I'll just put them on my Xmas wishlist and see what happens. I'm thinking I can get the ones with the dual headset/headphone jacks, a PPCTech adapter for $12, and then I can use them pretty much forever on any phone, laptop, MP3 player, and future PPC, provided it has one of the standard jacks (2.5 mm headset or 3.5mm headphone) or someone like PPC makes an adapater for it.

The only PITA I see with this is the source selection switch in the headphones. I'm guessing with this config, if I get a call while listening to the WMP, the music would cut out, but I wouldn't hear the 'ring' in the headphones until I switched over to the 'headset' setting. I would only know a call was coming in because the music cut out. It would be perfect if they had a 3rd setting on the switch that would feed audio from both jacks simultaneously.

I'm also tryign to figure out if this config would still provide for stereo sound while on a call?

What do you guys think? Anyone have any thoughts / suggestions?

-Lee
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

My Bluetooth is built in!
    This might be a nice product. I have always said that if shure made a BT 1.2 version of my quietspot headset I would never use anything else. It sounds great and fits comfortably.

Are there any pictures of this new i series headset online?

I found a few more details here: http://www.beststuff.com/article.php3?story_id=9105

The treo 650 version they are discussing will use a 2.5mm plug compatable with the ppc6600/6700 right?
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

I don't see anything in that link that wasn't in the press release?

I don't know what the Treo jack looks like, but I didn't think it was 'compatible' with the ppc6600. If it was, then all headsets made for a Treo should work with the ppc6600, but they don't (do they?).

Hmmm... I wonder if that 'multi-connector switch' has some smarts and can auto-switch when a call comes in? If so, then that may actually work pretty well w/ a PPC phone.

Plug the model numbers into Amazon, there are a few pictures of the buds, but not the ends with the jacks or any volume control / mic / switch assembly.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

My Bluetooth is built in!
    biggest thing i saw the the link i posted was pricing. i dont recall seeing that in the press release.

i will try the pictures on amazon.
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

The Treo connector is NOT compatible with the 660x phones.

I ordered "The Boom" headset for my vx6600 to use while traveling. They asked if it was for a Treo series phone because the jack is a little bit "different" and would require a different connector.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD