+ Reply to Thread

Data Interrupt Voice calls?

Looking at a xv6600 from Verizon with unlimited data plan... If you are in a data "session", and get a voice call, does the data session prevent the voice call from getting through?

i.e. If I am browsing or running Instant Messenger, does the phone portion still work?

Re: Data Interrupt Voice calls?

Originally posted by rctoyguy
    Looking at a xv6600 from Verizon with unlimited data plan... If you are in a data "session", and get a voice call, does the data session prevent the voice call from getting through?

i.e. If I am browsing or running Instant Messenger, does the phone portion still work?
    If you're in an EVDO region, data is independent I'm told. If you're not (and falling back to legacy...), then yes data interrupts calls.

btf

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    It's in the FAQ.

Read the first few "Sticky" threads at the top of the forum.

E

Well that stinks... I am pretty sure Birmingham, Al is not EVDO (we're behind in everything).

I have looked through the sticky threads, and although I didn't read every post, since there are several hundred of them, I didn't see this mentioned.

There needs to be a disclaimer for entering the forums of older phones that most people have moved on from:

'Before you enter this forum, we would like to remind you to search for whatever question it is that you may have, since it has likely already been answered.

If you do a search and don't find your answer, make sure that you put in your post that you did search, otherwise 'holier-than-thou' members will simply tell you to check the Faq or do a search, expending the same amount of energy that it would have taken to simply answer your question in the first place.'

It's amazing that there is an eight word difference between 'Check the Faq' and actually answering the question.
    PDA Phone History:
    Toshiba 2032SP (2003-2005) -> Hitachi G1000 (2005) -> PPC-6600 (2005-2006) -> PPC-6700 (2006 - 8 days to be exact) -> Treo 700wx

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    > expending the same amount of energy...

Give a man a fish, and he won't go hungry today.

Teach a man to fish, and he will never go hungry.

This, despite the fact that teaching a man to fish is much more difficult than giving him the fish.

Wanting to teach the man to fish does not make anyone "holier than thou" although it does make that person an educator.

Ehud

It's amazing to me (or maybe it isn't) that people are more interested in lengthening out the thread than actually contributing to answering the original question. I see that in the "sticky" threads, and that is what makes them so incredibly long. It's not just here, it's on all the forums that I have seen on any topic.

If the threads would stay on topic, it would make it MUCH easier for someone to find the information that they are looking for, which would cut down on posts about things that have already been answered, which would cut down on people feeling that they have to reply telling you to go find it yourself... It would snowball into a very useful thing at that point.

Yes, I realize that I am doing exactly what I am talking about... But I feel as though I am being attacked, so I thought I should speak up.

Rico460774
    Damn Ehud is that all you do in this forum is sit there moan and complain about people asking questions already covered. Like was mentioned earlier just answer the question or don't write anything at all. Maybe it was easier for him to ask instead of going throug a hundred post to see if he could find the answer. How about next time just directing him to where he can find the answer and not adding your two cents in.

RUNNING
    Originally posted by Ehud
    > expending the same amount of energy...

Give a man a fish, and he won't go hungry today.

Teach a man to fish, and he will never go hungry.

This, despite the fact that teaching a man to fish is much more difficult than giving him the fish.

Wanting to teach the man to fish does not make anyone "holier than thou" although it does make that person an educator.

Ehud
    I would have to agree with Ehud post he comes off as rude but, he's right most of the time