+ Reply to Thread

I would appreciate a suggestion on an app...

Could anyone sugegst an application that will allow simple, easy access to date book, contacts and tasks from one interface? I have tried Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion. Both are excellent apps, but are too much for my need. I actually purchased Pocket Informant some time ago). What I am looking for would be similar to the old Palm app Action Names. Very simple and easy to use. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Tom

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Although I'm not using ContactBreeze (I'm using Agenda Fusion), I've been very satisfied with PocketBreeze and iLauncher from SBSH. Clean, lightweight apps with lots of customization options. You may want to download their trial since it's it's not nearly as heavy as AF or PI, but is very flexible.

I am using contact breeze. It works great when I can't use Voice Command. I use Pocket breeze as well. It will work with the builtin pim, as well as Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion. I am using it with the default pim. I basically only have Pocket breeze (contact breeze and pocket weather are tabs in pocket breeze) and Phone alarm on my today screen. Gets me to calendar, contacts, email, alarms and weather pretty quickly from the today screen.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Converged Gadget Freak StressPuppy's Avatar
    SPB Diary for the Today Screen is pretty nice. It has tabs on the side for all the things you mention and you can customize how much of the today screen it takes up. You can customize the look of the items as well. Pretty impressive for what it does. Gives me a good overview of what is going on and an easy way to find a name or such without leaving the Today screen.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Sprint PPC-6601 -> Sprint PPC-6700 -> Treo 700wx

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Re: I would appreciate a suggestion on an app...

Originally posted by Jazz2000
    Could anyone sugegst an application that will allow simple, easy access to date book, contacts and tasks from one interface? I have tried Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion. Both are excellent apps, but are too much for my need. I actually purchased Pocket Informant some time ago). What I am looking for would be similar to the old Palm app Action Names. Very simple and easy to use. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Tom
    How about what the phone as already built in (Pocket Outlook)

Best regards

frenchnew
    Audiovox PPC-6600
    Bell Mobility
    2005 Acura TL - HFL works fine with the PPC-6600

frenchnew
    My main problem with the calendar app is there is no good summary page. I have to click on individual days to see what is coming up. Even on the today screen the calendar display isn't that good.
    http://www.sbsh.net/products/pocketbreeze/
    Check out Pocket breeze and what it offers for today screen calendar. I can choose how many days out to display.

The Contacts interface is horrible. I hardly ever go into the contacts app. Very hard to use while driving. Contact Breeze opens a nice spell by name keyboard, easy to hit.
    http://www.sbsh.net/products/contactbreeze/

I also forgot to suggest Voice Command. Yeah it takes up alot of resources but it will announce upcoming appointments, as well as very easy access to contacts.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Thanks for all your suggestions!

I have downloaded and tried SPB Diary, PocketBreeze and iLauncher. I have found that SPB Diary really works great! I am on day 3 of my trial and so far, so good...

Thanks again!

Tom

Originally posted by IvanLasston

I also forgot to suggest Voice Command. Yeah it takes up alot of resources but it will announce upcoming appointments, as well as very easy access to contacts.
    Ivan: Thanks for the sugegstion. I had forgot Voice Command could do that. I use VC for dialing but had not used it to look up contacts. Very nice when driving to an appointment and needing an address...