+ Reply to Thread

XV 6600 modem driver problem

I have installed the WModem software on the xv6600 and it works fine. I disabled the ActiveSync and replugged the USB cable from the dock into my WinXP laptop. I get the window that asks for the driver and I point the wizard to the driver files or file and get an error saying "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware.". This tells me that there is something wrong with the driver file which is the .inf. Now I tried both driver files found in this forum 1. mdmbtmdm.inf and also 2. CDMAIX_USBMDM.INF but get the same error with both of them. I tried this on two different laptops running Windows XP. The only thing might be that I maybe have to plug the phone in directly into the laptop some how other then plugging the phone into the station and then the station into the laptop.
    Any help will be much appreciated!

Make sure you have selected USB as the connection type. Picking serial or anything else will give very similar errors.

TomD.

It DOES work from the docking station/cradle. Let's review the steps:

1. Change ActiveSync so that it does not use USB.
    2. Start the WinModem App on the phone. Switch to use USB.
    3. Plug phone in cradle that is already connected to laptop.
    4. When 'New Hardware Found" point to where modem driver is
    (I use mdmbtmdm.inf on mine and it works perfectly)
    5. Create DUN profile on laptop

If laptop STILL doesn't detect modem right:

1. Right-click "My Computer", Left-click Properties Click "Hardware" tab them "Device Manager"
    2. See if any hardware is listed under the "?" header. If so, delete it
    3. Unplug USB from laptop and replug. Try different USB port.
    4. Device should NOW show up as a modem.

If above doesn't work, post again.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Thanks for the help! I got it working doing everything in the order you said to.

Much appreciated!
    I dont need a signature

Glad I could help!

Happy surfing!
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Driver installation problems

Pardon me, Ehud and others. I have been having a hard time installing the wmodem driver. Could I trouble you for more specific instructions on how to accomplish this?

Please skip my last request for information. I am on!

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    It would be helpful if those having trouble indicate what trouble they are having.

It would be helpful to others if once you fix the problem, you post where you found the instructions confusing or incomplete... so that they can be changed... so future people don't encounter that problem.

Ehud
    (not subscribed to any threads)

Hey folks. I am trying to connect with the USB modem and am having a slight problem.

1) copyed WModem to PPC and have started it. Changed connection type to USB and plugged back into USB cable.
    Start box is greyed out, Stop and view log can be accessed. All three boxs are black.
    2) XP asks for driver. I use the one in the driver dialer folder and a driver called CDMA1x is loaded.
    3) I disconnect and reconnect PPC.
    4) I run dialer with ID and password info choosing the USB modem just loaded. I press dial and the app just hangs. No connection and nothing to indicate its the wrong password.

Have I gotten this right or have I missed something?
    Thanks
    i910- No matter where you go, there you are - I miss my I760

Originally posted by Sointense
    Hey folks. I am trying to connect with the USB modem and am having a slight problem.

1) copyed WModem to PPC and have started it. Changed connection type to USB and plugged back into USB cable.
    Start box is greyed out, Stop and view log can be accessed. All three boxs are black.
    2) XP asks for driver. I use the one in the driver dialer folder and a driver called CDMA1x is loaded.
    3) I disconnect and reconnect PPC.
    4) I run dialer with ID and password info choosing the USB modem just loaded. I press dial and the app just hangs. No connection and nothing to indicate its the wrong password.

Have I gotten this right or have I missed something?
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum.

1st) either use the disable active sync, or set active sync not to use usb

2nd) run WModem on PPC set to usb

3rd) connect ppc to laptop usb, once ppc is connected

4th) when pop up point to the usb driver

5th) after it installs, you should be able to connect via the dial up piece or set up a connection in dial up connections in networking.

Don't connect/disconnect, then reconnect again... should start app on ppc & only have to connect once.

Thanks,
    David
    If those who know share.... More can share to those who don't.

Okay got it rock'in!!! I had turned off the remote access connection service so none of my modem connections were working. I am getting a consistent 500+ KPS connection for 2wire, and my newsreader is reporting downloads at up to 850KPS!!! Thanks guys.

One thing that is puzzling that I wanted to mention is that the USB connection says it is only connecting at 230K, does any one know why it would say the up I am getting bandwidt test speeds of 500+.

Question XV 6600 modem problem

Having problems using xv6600 as a modem...
    I've followed everyone's steps, installed Wmodem, dialer and the Disconnector.

What I'm getting from my xv6000 is the message: "To connect to either the Internet or work, set up a new connection in Settings"

And

When I open the dialer application on my PC to enter user, password and #777; the drop down menu isn't active and I'm unable to select my modem.

Any help will be appreciated!

Have you followed theinstructions exactly as posted in the begining of the thread.
    On PPC run wmodem andconnect to PC.Load drivers then run dialer. Of course this assumes Windows XP.

Search Deez Nutz
    Will this work with Windows 2000? I have followed the directions to a "T" but my computer does not see the USB driver.