+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screen Whine

Two words: screen whine.

I have replaced this phone 3 times already because of it. Tell them that you just can't stand it. This is a known defect, and they will replace it.

Two words: screen whine.

I have replaced this phone 3 times already because of it. Tell them that you just can't stand it. This is a known defect, and they will replace it.
    Screen whine??????

yea im curious about that too lol

Fully Converged
    when you plug the phone into power and turn the screen on or off it will whine through the earpiece, even if you use a headset (its some kind of ground loop or something)
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

Interesting,
    Mine doesn't do that, it sounds like it must be an actual problem with the model. I have been thinking of taking mine in and getting it serviced/replaced because when I press the "ok" button the screen changes color down near the button. I assume it is not normal because it only happens on the "ok" button side. Anyone have any experience with this, is this a defect?

Let Me Know!

Gruhn

My screen whines while it is on period. I have 10 others that do it in all levels of high pitched noise. Most of the guys that use them can't hear it, but be someone of sharp hearing I can. Bugs the crap out of me and makes me physically ill. Like nails on a chalk board.
    PPC-6700 - With Stuff
    Moto HS850 - EvDO > 1X > Poop > Sprint
    and support 50 other 6700's @ work

I noticed the high pitch whine almost like a tv set makes when its on. It doesnt bother me too much since its not THAT loud. But its enough to notice it.

Lockline is replacing my phone because of the whole button affecting the screen deal. Does anyone else have this problem?

Gruhn

Hey All,
    I recieved my phone today, only the phone with nothing else, noo battery, stylus, etc.

Gruhn