+ Reply to Thread

Message Truncated

Hey guys, Im a *BRAND NEWBIE* so bare with me.
    I just got my xv6600 3 days ago.

1. Im having trouble getting my email. I have aol mail and sometimes when I open my messages it says "message truncated" I have absolutely no idea what that means.

2. Is there no way to have my emails delivered right away without having to do it manually?

3. I have read alot of things saying the xv6600 supports mp3 ringtones. I am assuming this is not true seeing as I cant get my Mp3's to work as a ringtone

Thanks for your help!
    Just bought my xv6600 - Verizon

nobody wants to help me?

1. It means it only downloaded the first part of the message. Edit-->mark for download; send/receive.

2. Not with the installed OEM software.

3. It supports it if you install software that can use it. Search for PhotoContacts and/or PhotoContacts Pro. OEM software won't do it.

You didn't get responses because all of these subjects are covered in other threads. Many of the people will tell you to just "search"- use the search here or Google before you ask the questions and most will be answered for you. You might also want to read the sticky's and FAQ for a lot of good information. Takes some time, but it's worth it. No one flamed you cuz you just signed up. Ask a few more easily found questions and you probably won't be so lucky.

Good luck.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

Fully Converged
    As for the email question i dont know dont use that, i just randomly check it during the day... So you might wanna search for that one... As for the mp3 ringers you need to copy the mp3 to the rings folder in the windows folder then you can set it as you're ringtone... Also since you're new I'll go ahead and warn you... Take everything Ehud says with a grain of salt, he just gets irritated when no one uses the search function first...
    XV6900 Custom WM6.1, 8GB microSDHC
    History:WM6.1 XV6800w/GPS,XV6700 WM6.1,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX, Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135

thanks. I actually spent hours last night looking through the threads tryin to find answers so i appreciate your help.

Originally posted by rockstar4hire
    thanks. I actually spent hours last night looking through the threads tryin to find answers so i appreciate your help.
    Two suggestions regarding searching.

1. Using the advanced search, select "show results as posts" instead of threads. That way, when you get a hit, you don't have to read through a long thread just to find your information. Search more than once using slightly different keywords, too.

2. When you post a question, let people know you searched and what you might have found. That way they don't tell you things you might already have found, even if just in part. They're also more likely to help or suggest better search parameters.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

I tried just placing the mp3 in the ring folder and it still wont show up.

wow. I never thought these things could e this difficult

Originally posted by rockstar4hire
    I tried just placing the mp3 in the ring folder and it still wont show up.

wow. I never thought these things could e this difficult
    I don't like to contradict anyone, but read my original post. The OEM software will not work with mp3s.
    At the very least, get photocontacts v1.2; PhotocontactsPro 3.0 does them better, but I had problems with the caller ID and don't use it.
    Peace ~ Trident

Fully Converged
    I don't use photocontacts and it works on mine... All i have to do is copy the mp3 into the windows/rings/ folder and then i can select it from the phone menu under the settings/personal menu and select it in the dropdown box for ring tone, no it will not show up under add ring tone in the settings/system menu, but it doesnt have to...
    Last edited by Nemanracing; 11-01-2005 at 10:55 AM.
    History:WM6.1 XV6800w/GPS,XV6700 WM6.1,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX, Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Originally posted by Nemanracing
    ... Take everything Ehud says with a grain of salt, he just gets irritated when no one uses the search function first...
    What did I say in this thread that made you think you needed to invoke my name?

Ehud

Fully Converged
    sorry ehud, i have been reading these forums and get a kick outta your posts, i think they're great, I was just warning rockstar cuz he said he's new and not everyone has a since of humor like i do... You do and awesome job here and I would personally like to thank you cuz without your site i prob would not be as converged as i am now... So thank you...