+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New XM Portal

New XM Portal

For you XM subscribers there's a very slick new portal at http://www.minixm.com. Have fun! - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

Great Find, now only if I could get my bt headset to play this!

Cool! Thanks sheureka! Best XM Player on PPC yet! IMO!
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Is anyone getting song information while it's playing? I'm not - but other than that I like it!

I don't get song information from ANY service other than XMRadio's web site...
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

I like the interface, although my favorite online station is not there liquid metal.

Originally posted by 7soa7s
    I like the interface, although my favorite online station is not there liquid metal.
    Hmm - none of the "special" online only channels are there. I wonder why? You'd think the feed would be coming directly from XM. - sheureka

You are right, I had to go back and check. The online only content is missing - everything else is there. Seems odd since all the other 3rd party internet apps for XM have the online only content (xamp desktop, xstreamsm, etc.).

I just forgot to add the online-only channels....I'll be adding them to Mini XM over the weekend ...Will let you know as soon as they are available.

Originally posted by Yoonoo
    I just forgot to add the online-only channels....I'll be adding them to Mini XM over the weekend ...Will let you know as soon as they are available.
    What service! And welcome to the forum! - sheureka

Thanks sheureka!

XM online-only and AOL Radio channels are now available on Mini XM.

Nice interface. Thanks!
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

I love it! Especially the favorites page, and I can only have the stations I listen to! It blows away xstreamxm.com/mobile because I can select a channel with my finger quickly and I dont need the stylus....Awesome program! Thanks so much.
    I have been using it almost 24x7 since I found out about it.

But one problem, now that I have access to XM radio all the time, I have been listening to it as I fall asleep at night. When I wake up in the morning, it is still going. That's pretty darn cool, but the phone gets really hot. Is there a way to auto-shut it off after say an hour of no responses? I have a PPC-6601 by the way with 2.03 ROM. I've had the phone for about 3 days now!

OT - If anyone does the 3-day trial and gets hooked on XM, the Roady II's are now about $25 with car kit! So you can have XM (with sports, talk and traffic) in your car (or house) and on your PPC for only $12.95 a month. Here's the link to the Roady deal - http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=roady2 - and here's where you go to sign up for the trial - http://xmro.xmradio.com/xstream/index.jsp. Now the usual "no financial interest" stuff - I'm just a big fan! - sheureka

is there a way to login using an AOL screen name? that is, access the streams with AOL radio?

Originally posted by sheureka
    OT - If anyone does the 3-day trial and gets hooked on XM, the Roady II's are now about $25 with car kit! So you can have XM (with sports, talk and traffic) in your car (or house) and on your PPC for only $12.95 a month. Here's the link to the Roady deal - http://www.xmfanstore.com/showproduct.php?id=roady2 - and here's where you go to sign up for the trial - http://xmro.xmradio.com/xstream/index.jsp. Now the usual "no financial interest" stuff - I'm just a big fan! - sheureka
    Another big XM fan here too! I brought my Pioneer XM2Go into work with me today to see if I could get a signal - no such luck
    I guess I'll be bringing in my dock and external antenna tomorrow! Sucks not having any windows in your office!

A little more back OT - has anyone else had errors pop up after letting minixm run for awhile? I didn't have any problems on Friday, but today it's happened three times. I'll post the error once it happens again.

Originally posted by BetaMan
    I don't get song information from ANY service other than XMRadio's web site...
    Minixm just got updated, and it now shows artist, song, album, and cover art! Great free app! - sheureka

Search Deez Nutz
    Originally posted by sheureka
    Minixm just got updated, and it now shows artist, song, album, and cover art! Great free app! - sheureka
    Is that supposed to show up in WMP? I don't get any song, album, or cover art.

Originally posted by buduan
    Is that supposed to show up in WMP? I don't get any song, album, or cover art.
    Look in ie, not in wmp. And he says it's a beta for people who signed up before 1/1/06, but I'm not sure what that means. - sheureka
    Last edited by sheureka; 01-14-2006 at 07:05 PM.

Search Deez Nutz
    Ah, makes sense. I just signed up today. Thanks.