+ Reply to Thread
    SHIBBY SHIBBY MATE

Question Internet issue with WiFi SDIO Card

Hello there Roomies....lol

Before you all start jumpin down my throat about searching out over the forum for this issue....I will say I have for the last 3.5 hours and not found my answer yet....not to say its not out there....just not seen it...That being said.. heres my Question.......

I recently purchased a SDIO WLAN 802.11b Low Profile card for my XV6600...I did have the typical issues as seen by most with the installation part of the softwear and the hanging up and all...I have moved past that now....My Issue is when I turn the Card on..it looks as thought it is connected bringing up 2-4 Blue bars next to the BT Logo at the bottom right corner....but when I try to access Internet Explorer and go to ..let say....eBay...it tries to connect thur"Dial-up (CDMA2000) with the #777 local...instead of using the WLAN.

How do I remedy this, is it possable to fix it with out deleting the Dial-up part off my phone...or is that a Must.

Any and ALL Help is appreciated and thanked for in advance

> FUKCHI <
    TIS BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12...THAN TO BE CARRIED BY 6

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    setttings, network settings,
    select "internet" and then the drop down for "connect using the network card."

For some reason the default is internet through dialup (cdma) and "work network" through the card...

Ehud

SHIBBY SHIBBY MATE
    Ok kewl I appreciate the Quick responce.....only thing is I can not find "Network Settings"

This is what I have .....
    Start>Settings>Connections>my optins there are....BEAM, BLUETOOTH, CONNECTIONS, NETWORK CARDS....

I checked all of those and was unable to find anywhere that has a dropdown that let me select, "Connect using netwrok card"....?????

Any info on what I may be doing differantly or wrong.....??

Thanks.

> FUKCHI <

SHIBBY SHIBBY MATE
    Just tryin to get this tread back up there so I don't get forgotten about...lol......still tryin to get it connected.....Anyone at all have any advice.....???

Thank you in Advance.

> FUKCHI <

You need to download the driver for the Socket SDIO (I had E300) and had the same problem. Once you download the driver and install it then its cake work, just insert the WIFI card and do soft boot and bam your good to go. Here is the link for the driver.
    E300
    http://www.socketcom.com/support/sup...asp?Type=SDIO2

E500
    http://www.socketcom.com/support/sup...n.asp?Type=CF1