+ Reply to Thread

Outlook Calendar Displaying only "Personal" Category items

One annoyance that I have not been able to resolve with the Outlook calendar on my VX6600 is that it will display entries only from the "personal" category. My office Outlook calendar has 4 or 5 categories set up, but a calendar appt. will only show up on my device if
    1) the "Personal" category is checked or
    2) I created the appt. first on my device and synched it back to my office Outlook (thus creating it on the device first chooses the "personal" category for all appointments.

However, my TODAY screen on the device will show all appointments, no matter what the category.

So, I have been forced to manually select and assign the "personal" category for each and every appointment I schedule or that my coworkers send me on my Office Outlook system, or they will not show up on my PDA.

Is there a resolution for the Outlook calendar on the VX6600 to show all categories instead of just this one?

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    This may sound basic, but have you gone into Tools -> Categories and removed all the check boxes?

Don't worry about asking a basic question. I just purchased the phone a couple of weeks ago and am a new Pocket PC user (had used PALM previously).

Under my Calendar, if I go to Tools - Options, there is only one category displayed. It was "personal", and yes it was checked. I will uncheck it and see what that does.

It worked.

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    Excellent. It's kind of a misleading feature. First of all, it's pretty buried as opposed to the contacts category field which is right out in the open. Secondly, it's really a filter but isn't clearly identified as such. Oh well. It's part of the "charm" of the OS

Hope you enjoy the phone. I've had mine for about a year and I love it.