+ Reply to Thread

Activesync won't work

I tried out the instructions here about a month ago for using the XV6600 as a USB modem. Since then, I cannot get the PDA to connect through A/sync. I thought perhaps it was the laptop, and I tried reinstaling A/sync and I treied a hard reset and restore. Prior to the restore, the PDA would sync, but once I restored, I was dead in the water.

I am using version 4.1. I have tried new A/sync installs on other PCs and the result is the same. The PC sees the PDA and installs the drivers, but nothing seems to communicate with it.

Re: Activesync won't work

Originally posted by beachguy3b
    I tried out the instructions here about a month ago for using the XV6600 as a USB modem. Since then, I cannot get the PDA to connect through A/sync. I thought perhaps it was the laptop, and I tried reinstaling A/sync and I treied a hard reset and restore. Prior to the restore, the PDA would sync, but once I restored, I was dead in the water.

I am using version 4.1. I have tried new A/sync installs on other PCs and the result is the same. The PC sees the PDA and installs the drivers, but nothing seems to communicate with it.
    Async 4.1 is for Windows Mobile 5 only. Install Async 3.8

you can use AS4.1 with WM2k3 devices....it just wont take advantage of any of the new features.

Just use active sync 3.8 as the only difference between the two for your device is that 4.1 will have more issues for you. Completely uninstall it, reboot, delete any remaining parnerships on your device/computer, and reinstall 3.8. You should be fine.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

I tried to reinstall 3.8 (after uninstalling 4.1) but it wouldn't install- I kept getting a file copy error.

I was using A/sync 4.1 prior to this, though, as my sync manager.

FYI... Remote Display powertoy also isn't working... and neither is dotPocket.

This is a problem on my XV6600, not on Activesync- when I do the hard reset, all works fine.
    Last edited by beachguy3b; 12-19-2005 at 11:34 AM.

Update: I discovered a "disconnectactivesync.exe" program in the instructions I followed to use the 6600 as a USB modem. Could this be the cause?

Update: I discovered a "disconnectactivesync.exe" program in the instructions I followed to use the 6600 as a USB modem. Could this be the cause?

Update two: discovered something (that program?) had turned USB off in Activesync on the PDA. All is well.