+ Reply to Thread

Does Srvr 2003 sec update break ActiveSync?

My problem started on 12/12/05 No new email via Active Sync on my Xv 6600. The unit logins in OWA via the verizon EVDO network, sees messages and new messages but won't download them.

Thought it was just my unit. I have posted countless messages this weekend about my XV not being able to download new messages.

Yesteday confirmed that Outlook 2003 must be open and running on the PC for my Xv to download new or read messages. Thought that was just me. Today I have confirmed it on 10 of my co-workers who have XV's

Everyone else has a PC, not just a laptop. They leave their outlook running 24/7. If they close outlook 2003 on their desktop, their XV's will not download new email messages. Nobody here is setup to use the PC as a redirector.

Again let me state, we are not configured to have Active Sync 3.8 on the PC re-direct our email to the XV. It is setup to use exchange.

We all login via Verizon's EVDO network and our external corporate OWA.

Have there been any security updates released on 12/12 or prior to 12/12 that have caused this. Prior to 12/12, had no problems with getting email from OWA via ASync on the XV

Thanks

DJS
    I use my XV with Exchange 2003 and a laptop that is not always in the office. We have all the latest updates and it works fine. I have activesync 4.1 on the PC but I can't imagine why that would make a difference. Talk to your system admin. In order for it to work, you must have an email address like this even if it is not your primary one: "username@mycompany.com" It took me a while to get everything working, but it's been working flawlessly for months now.
    Adiovox XV6600 > Samsung i700 > Kyocera 7135 > Kyocera 6035 > Motorala StarTac

Originally posted by DJS
    I use my XV with Exchange 2003 and a laptop that is not always in the office. We have all the latest updates and it works fine. I have activesync 4.1 on the PC but I can't imagine why that would make a difference. Talk to your system admin. In order for it to work, you must have an email address like this even if it is not your primary one: "username@mycompany.com" It took me a while to get everything working, but it's been working flawlessly for months now.
    all our email addr's are like that, so it isn't a naming issue.

thanks

I have a PPC6600 so I can't completely relate, since I don't use EVDO or Verizon, but mine works fine with Exchange 2003 SP2.

I just tested by closing all instances of Outlook on my PC, and did an activesync from my 6600. Got test messages just fine. It is setup such that it connects to Exchange directly. I haven't been able to configure our poptop (linux) VPN server to be able to accept connections from PocketPC yet. It appears there is some configuration problem that is a common complaint with PocketPC owners.

Mark