+ Reply to Thread

WM5 phone dialer on 2003SE?

ok, i kind of posted this on another thread also, but i think it's so cool that it should be its own new thread. "Is this real" by Lebstyle, he asked if that was something for our phones.

Well it is from the new WM5, i have confirmed this from this link and from XDA-Developers.

Check this out

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...omization.mspx

my question is, i know people are working like mad to get WM5 on our phones but how hard would it be to get just the dialer from WM5 to work? Im not to sure about all the details, i dont even knwo if it is possible, but i can say, for myself anyway, that an upgrade to WM5 wasnt really important ot me but after seeing this...I TOTALLY WANT IT!

Would it be possible to extract just the dialer app and associated settings from WM5 and get them runnign on 2003SE?

If im an idiot fo asking this, please feel free to rip me apart, but if not, i think this would be awsome!

Nick

i think that is the latest version of Caller ID from HTC. Yes I would like that too.

here are some images

ok.... why start a new thread about the same topic... same software even??

Please do not post in this thread anymore and just continue to post in the other thread you guys had already started.

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...127#post449127
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

new thread b/c the subject was very broad. I think everyone on here would have an intrest in this but his thread was just a question as to whether or not it was an application or what it actually was. Im hoping this thread generates intrest and gives some answers as to whether or not we could get this working on our phones. Make any sense?

P.S. amirmckelvey

dont be such an A**....I think my reason for the new thread is perfectly valid, if you disagree, that is fine, but dont tell me where i can and can not post, leave that up to the moderators, that is, after, all, their job and they do it quite well!

just a waste to have 2 brand new threads on the same subject regardless of the subject line... nuf said.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

yea i understand, sorry amirmckelvey, didnt mean to sound like a ****, especially since i called you one previously, so my appoligies!

On that note, does anyone know if this is even possible? This would be fricken AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by amirmckelvey
    just a waste to have 2 brand new threads on the same subject regardless of the subject line... nuf said.
    One is about getting wm5 and the other is getting just the phone dialer.....seems like two different threads to me. He's just looking for an answer to his question of whether one would be able to install just the phone dialer on the phone. It does seem like an easier task judging from whats going on the other thread. But by no means does this mean to stop trying for wm5 on our phones. This would just be a nice piece of the delicious cake we all want.
    Last edited by PDAshadow; 12-20-2005 at 11:02 AM.

My mistake. I confused this thread with the "Bounty" thread. Feel free to disregard all I have just said. lol.....

lol, you are right never the less, If we could get the dialer working, that would "tide me over" for a little while well all you insanely smart programmers figure out a way for my leach of a butt to capitalize off yo uand get WM5 on my phone. Keep up the good work!

Does anyone know if its even possible to get the WM5 dialer to work with WM2K3 or would it have to right along with the entire WM5 OS?

i don't think it is possible as MS has rewritten alot of code in WM 5. Another reason to try really hard to get WM 5 on our devices

yea, if there was anything i could do, i would totally help!

Is this what is on the 6700??
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

I would assume since it has WM5? Just my guess.

btw....what the hell is with the cheesy ass model caller ID photos? Who takes pictures like that just for a caller ID? Man, funny stuff.........

yea, thats pretty f***in hilarious!

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    Oh... You guys don't think that's cool...?

(frantic scrabbling sound in background as I reach for the phone to cancel my scheduled photo-shoot...)

I'd be willing to trade in my 6600 for a used Dixie cup on a string if that's what it takes to fully eliminate the possibility of Roland Alex's photo popping up on my screen.