+ Reply to Thread

Question Tom Tom Nav 5 "Call POI" Feature?

To anyone using the Tom Tom Nav 5 software with their phone...

I like the feature of Tom Tom 5 where you have the option of calling a POI from within the program. Only problem, when I try to do it it says something like "no phone detected" even though I'm making the call from my VX6600!!

Anyone run into this before and figure out a solution?

I appreciate the help!

StewartG

i figured it was the phone but wrote tomtom anyway. they confirmed the feature was not compatible with our phones. its probably designed for gsm so it doesn't detect the phone.

does anyone here have tomtom working with a BT GPS? I have a Holux that isnt working which is ironic because tomtom shows a holux in the setup screen.

Crash - thanks for the info.

Sucks though... Oh well, still a cool setup!

Inteller: I'm using tom tom 5 w/ a BT-338. Worked like a charm out of the box. LOTS of people doing this. There's a big thread floating around on here, something like "get gps you won't regret it" or something...

StewartG

it tells me I have to pair my GPS with the PDA. I cant pair my GPS with the PDA, it doesnt work that way. Its just a slave SPP over BT.

you need to discover the device on the phone and then run the tomtom configuration program and set it for another manufacturers bt device then try bt over com6 as the setting( i think the choices are 5 or 6). that works for my phone using a blue logger bt gps. it also seems to take a while to 'warm up' and connect. not sure why.on another note the traffic feature seems to work over the evdo connection. haven't really figured out how to use it or how usefull it is but it works. i just started the 30 day trial for it so i'll play around with it and see how it is.

Hey crash. good to hear you've dug into the program enough already to have inquired about the "call POI" compatibility. Also, let me know how you Tom Tom Traffic works out. I assume you live in one of the cities since you have EVDO.

I don't expect TomTom traffic will have updates for rural areas since there's not much going on there so I won't be using it unless while on long trips to Orlando etc.

About the BT sync, I usually activate mine like crash said. First launch the BT icon in lower corner and connect to the BT GPS device (discovered before hand). Then launch the tom tom application and if no GPS then click settings to locate the GPS settings area and go with COM 6. Good luck.