+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

4gb Sandisk SD card

I was just wondering if anyone had tried the Sandisk 4gb SD cards yet. I know the others weem to work well. I cant really find much spec wise as far as speed and such? Just wondering if they would be as fast and if they are worth the going price on ebay, there are many on there now!

Check it out!

search?
    I say that because there are active thread on the topic of the 4gb cards right now.
    Last edited by amirmckelvey; 12-22-2005 at 09:50 AM.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

the thread is on the transcend card, not the san disk one. People there have the transcend card and im not asking about that one.

OK I'll bite...SanDisk makes 4 GB compact flash cards but not 4GB SD that I've seen. Do you have a website that shows one?
    Verizon xv6600

The highest Sandisk goes is 2GB right now based on what is available on their website.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Originally posted by amirmckelvey
    The highest Sandisk goes is 2GB right now based on what is available on their website.
    Thats what I thought ........this guy isn't using SEARCH on any website! LOL!
    Verizon xv6600

speak for yourselves D**kholes, check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/SanDisk-4GB-Secu...QQcmdZViewItem

Dont go trying to rip on me, i dont do a search?

You fail to check and do a search at possibly the largest source of merchendise on the INTERNET!!!!!

How can you tell me i dont do any searches?

Now back to my question....anyone tried one yet?

So does anyone know anything about this?

I went to the source, sandisks website, if they don't have it on their site then it's in limited quantities... even if you do a search on sandisks website they don't talk about a 4gb Secure Digital card, And I have had enough trouble w/ sandisk to know not to be one of the 1st to try a new memory card from them.

okay, i havent much expierience with SanDisk, but ill stay away then if you have had trouble in the past. Ill stick with the transcend then since it seems to be working well for others.

good choice.
    But... there are many here that love sandisk... so...

thats why i posted in the first place....seems like you either love SANDISK or you HATE them. I was really wondering if it was like the "150x" or whatever speed the transcend ones were. Like you say, no data on the SanDisk website, and i only find them on ebay so......??
    PPC6600(not sprint, they are terrible here), Writeshield AG SP w/2.04.116 WWE ExtROM.

So in the mean time I"m happy w/ my $40 1 gig SD card from ebay!!!! Toshiba for the win!!

yea see i want to load ~2gb of mp3's on and then some GPS nav. maps...so i neet a little space..im thinking 4gb would be good.
    PPC6600(not sprint, they are terrible here), Writeshield AG SP w/2.04.116 WWE ExtROM.

I have a 2 gig.

I have a boat load of games
    GPS Maps for the 5 states in my District
    1 gig of mp3's (wish I could put another gig of them there)
    300 mb of movies formatted and opt for PDA
    All Non system vital apps
    4 days worth of Sprite backups.
    email attachments
    Pictures and Movies taken with phone camera.

Even with a 2 gig I am hurting for more room and and to decide what songs, movies, games, etc... I don't want to have on there.

But I think I will be a scrooge and hold out until the price comes down a little more.....or for that 32 gig SD card that might be coming out this next year!
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

Originally posted by nilaszewski
    speak for yourselves D**kholes, check this out
    Hey college boy......back off the language! Is that what "higher learning" teachs you, knowledge without class?

Did I call you a name? No!

If you had that info and would have shared it with us in the beginning my comment wouldn't have been made. I did a search with Google and Ask Jeeves and checked the SanDisk site with zero results!

It wasn't a personal attack..... just a comment! If I was wrong then "my bad".

But you have to use some tact.....son!
    Verizon xv6600

Originally posted by HobbesIsReal
    I have a 2 gig.
    300 mb of movies formatted and opt for PDA

But I think I will be a scrooge and hold out until the price comes down a little more.....or for that 32 gig SD card that might be coming out this next year!
    what program do you like to use for your dvd to ppc movies?

my appoligies, i got a little ruffled, mostly b/c there are many people on here who to me at least seem like they think they are better than everyone else. Dont get me wrong, and im not speaking of you; there are many nice people on these forums, but some people are really rude, especially to the newbies. I will admit that im new to all this, but in my opinion, the "seniors" with all the knowlege should be more polite to the newbies in these forums. Sure i understand that if you dont search, and there is an obvious thread on the topic, then you deserved to be ripped on. By i have been hit several time by different people for reasons that i thought were unfair. At first, i took it all b/c i was afterall the noob, but now im just getting sick of it, although i agree i may been a bit out of line, and i do appoligize, i also think that some others(once agian not specifically talking about you), also need to show some tact and be more polite on these forums. Being NEW means you really dont know what is going on. I have posted and gotten ripped on for not searching when in fact i had searched, i just used the wrong terms b/c i didnt knwo what i was talking about.

Once agian, i appoligize for my comment before but i consider myself a fairly think-skinned person, and its hard to get me angry, but i find myself near anger when someone with 100+ posts thinks they can rip on me when that number is the only thing that makes them qualified to do so.

Bottom line, people just need to be nicer on these forums, OVERALL, PERIOD.

I have never been on a forum quite like this before, don tget me wonrg, many of you love to help other out, but it seems liek others are all about being the "expert" and are only intrested in that. I have never ever encountered a forum where i have asked a question, and been imediatly shot dont and ripped on. Thereare some people on here who dont even give you a chance to explain yourself.

Maybe there should be a "Post Protocol" where you list the search terms you tried before posting. Maybe that would stop all this trash talking.

Originally posted by amirmckelvey
    what program do you like to use for your dvd to ppc movies?
    I have both Pocket DVD Wizard and Pocket DVD Studio. I haven't had a chance to do the same movie with both of them yet to do a side by side comparison with quality and speed, but both seem to do the job okay.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

Originally posted by nilaszewski
    my appoligies, i got a little ruffled, mostly b/c there are many people on here who to me at least seem like they think they are better than everyone else. Dont get me wrong, and im not speaking of you; there are many nice people on these forums, but some people are really rude, especially to the newbies. I will admit that im new to all this, but in my opinion, the "seniors" with all the knowlege should be more polite to the newbies in these forums. Sure i understand that if you dont search, and there is an obvious thread on the topic, then you deserved to be ripped on. By i have been hit several time by different people for reasons that i thought were unfair. At first, i took it all b/c i was afterall the noob, but now im just getting sick of it, although i agree i may been a bit out of line, and i do appoligize, i also think that some others(once agian not specifically talking about you), also need to show some tact and be more polite on these forums. Being NEW means you really dont know what is going on. I have posted and gotten ripped on for not searching when in fact i had searched, i just used the wrong terms b/c i didnt knwo what i was talking about.

Once agian, i appoligize for my comment before but i consider myself a fairly think-skinned person, and its hard to get me angry, but i find myself near anger when someone with 100+ posts thinks they can rip on me when that number is the only thing that makes them qualified to do so.

Bottom line, people just need to be nicer on these forums, OVERALL, PERIOD.

I have never been on a forum quite like this before, don tget me wonrg, many of you love to help other out, but it seems liek others are all about being the "expert" and are only intrested in that. I have never ever encountered a forum where i have asked a question, and been imediatly shot dont and ripped on. Thereare some people on here who dont even give you a chance to explain yourself.

Maybe there should be a "Post Protocol" where you list the search terms you tried before posting. Maybe that would stop all this trash talking.
    Apology accepted and appreciated. I agree with you on the more techno savey peeps being alittle kinder to the noobs or the less "technically inclined" that wish to learn. The sages sometimes have a elitist attitude and they need not reply, but alot of them are pretty cool and helpful.

And then you have the noobs that want you to do everything for them including "wipeing their butts" too. They have to be SPANKED!!! LOL!

And I do understand getting ripped on, you just have to have more class than the "ripper"!
    Verizon xv6600