+ Reply to Thread

Aircable Bluetooth HiFi Headset

I read the following review at the Gadgeteer website and thought I would give them a try:

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/aircable_hifi_bluetooth_headphones

The company website is:

http://www.aircables.net/hifi-headset.html

I've been using the itech clip for 9 months without too much trouble. But I'm hoping the AVRCP profile will work. I'm running 3600C so I'll post my results when I get them in a few days.

Merry Christmas Everyone!
    Abandoned Sprint over failure to update PPC6600. Now with Cingular using the 8525 at HSDPA speeds!

I am posting here instead of being buried in the giant bluetooth sticky. If it needs to be moved - please do so and I'll consider my hand slapped

Anyway, I received it just after Christmas and initial impressions are excellent.

Pairing with the phone was straightforward for the Handsfree profile. Since I have the Broadcom updated BT files I needed to make a separate pairing to the highquality audio - just as I did for the itech.

Sound is excellent and range is more than TRIPLE what I had with the itech. All the phones systems sounds are passed to the headset - unlike the itechs which only transferred 96kbit and higher sounds.

I've had no complaints from callers about microphone quality.

The controls are easy to use even with gloves on. Unfortunately, with my current ROM and Windows Media Player 9 the Bluetooth AVRCP profile does not work with the phone (works great with the PC though). I may reinstall ROM 2.04 (if the EVDO update fails to materialize by mid-Jan ) and see if it works then.

It also comes with a USB dongle for the PC - which justifies the price. The coolest thing I found was that I could be streaming audio from the PC and maintain the Handsfree connection with the phone and was able to seemlessly make/recieve calls.

There is both a USB charging cable and an AC powered charging cable for maximum flexibility.

They are bulkier to carry around compared to the itech but they are extremely comfortable to wear for even long periods of time.

I found the $99 I paid to be well worth it (considereing the addition of the USB dongle) and I will be keeping them. The extra bonus will be if updated ROMs (or hopefully Mortplayer) can make use of the AVRCP features!

I hope this is useful to somebody!
    Last edited by rossarmstrong; 12-30-2005 at 12:02 PM.
    Abandoned Sprint over failure to update PPC6600. Now with Cingular using the 8525 at HSDPA speeds!

The Gadgeteer site says that there are problems with the phone sound, and that they're not comfortable, but given this review and the fact that they're compatible with with my iMac at home I'll probably pick 'em up. Thanks.