+ Reply to Thread

official WMP10 release for sirius?

I have read through all the posts I could ifnd about the WMP10 and officialy scared myself away from doing the rom update cause I do not want to kill my phone or loose al my stuff. Will verizon xv6600 owers ever be able to get a official update for WMP 10? All I want to be able to do is use my online Sirius ony my phone. Am I reading to much into the complications with the unofficial upgrade? I just want my sirius on my phone damn it

any help or thoughts would be great

thanks
    CC
    Check out <a href="http://www.MyXV6600.com" class="normal" target="_blank">MyXV6600.com</a> the only site dedicated to the 6600 series of phones.

The 2.03 upgrade is painless and simple. And it gives you WMP10 which is required in order to use SiruCE.
    Having EVDO makes it a lot better also. I've used it at home when connected to cable (actually, I just have to start it up on cable, then I can disconnect and walk around for a while, as long as I don't want to change channels) or when I'm out and have 90% signal or better.
    Works flawlessly w/EVDO connection.
    2.04 will also give it to you, and some say it's simple, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm still holding out for Sprint to give us some official update that might include it.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

The thing I can not figure out is how to just backup my contacts in sprite backup or active synch. I looked everywhere in them and just do not see this as a option? thats what the directions say to do for the rom? am i missing osmething or will my standard sprite rom backup work after the 2.03 upgrade
    Check out <a href="http://www.MyXV6600.com" class="normal" target="_blank">MyXV6600.com</a> the only site dedicated to the 6600 series of phones.

If all you are doing is backing up your contacts/appointments and data, I believe it will work. You can not backup programs, system information or OS data and expect it to work after a ROM upgrade.
    What I usually do is do a Sprite b/u as well as one using ActiveSync and then another using either Xbackup or the Permanent Storage to an SD card.
    Furthermore, just in case the upgrade doesn't go well, have an exe-backup
    with your original ROM and everything so that you can go backup to it if need be.

To do the backup in AS, just click Options; Backup and follow the directions.
    In Sprite, uncheck System Data. Email checked will substantially increase the size and time required of the backup.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

I did it with active synch. Re installed all my programs and everything seems awesome. i will try to install sirius now

I got sirius for my phone and love it already. So far this is the best thing I have seen for the xv6600. In miami with the evdo network I get perfect quality sound so far. Untill I get my cable streaming live in a few weeks this will keep me going.