+ Reply to Thread

Managing those *&%# balloons

Anybody know a way to modify which icons appear on the top bar next to the time? It will only display three icons, and anything I ever need to see is always in the dropdown area.

The main problem is that I can never see icons pertaining to missed calls or voicemail. I want them to be up front and visible, but are always hidden below the baloon icon. I would like do any of the following:

A) increase the number of visible icons before new ones must be grouped under the balloon.

B) Prevent certain icons from being displayed. (I don't give a flying fig about EV, 1X, or the data transfer icons if all they do it make my voice mail hard to see.)

C) Turn off either the volume or signal strength icons, since they monopolize the two prime spots that never get hidden.

Removing the time/date display to free up space does not help--you still only get three slots. Any tricks would be appreciated.

phone alarm my friend.
    xv-6600 pocket plus,world mate, Avantgo.

Yes, this is a known defect of the system. Even Phonealarm has it problems, but that is the only hope.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    And Wisbar Advance 2 ...

Originally posted by jerryyyyy
    Yes, this is a known defect of the system. Even Phonealarm has it problems, but that is the only hope.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

I downloaded Phone Alarm. Nice program. I may need to purchase it. There are a few bugs I'm trying to iron out.

However, I don't think it solves the basic problem. It does a great job of alerting you to missed calls if you happen to be on the Today page. But if your PDA is in an actual program like Calendar or Pocket Outlook (which mine is 95% of the time) there is no visual warning.

It can be set to beep at you every so often, but that can be a problem in many environments. I just need a visual cue I can check for to see if I've got messages waiting.

Programs such as Lexisgoo and Wordbook can succesfully add live icons to the menubar, and they are visible no matter which program you are using. This addition to Phone Alarm would be welcomed.

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    Take a look at Wisbar Advance 2.

While it does skin the OS and hide the OS icons, it can do something pretty neat. It can hide the notification icon unless there is more than one.

Originally posted by jbbarnes
    I downloaded Phone Alarm. Nice program. I may need to purchase it. There are a few bugs I'm trying to iron out.

However, I don't think it solves the basic problem. It does a great job of alerting you to missed calls if you happen to be on the Today page. But if your PDA is in an actual program like Calendar or Pocket Outlook (which mine is 95% of the time) there is no visual warning.

It can be set to beep at you every so often, but that can be a problem in many environments. I just need a visual cue I can check for to see if I've got messages waiting.

Programs such as Lexisgoo and Wordbook can succesfully add live icons to the menubar, and they are visible no matter which program you are using. This addition to Phone Alarm would be welcomed.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.