+ Reply to Thread

Selective restore from hard reset

Brief scenario:
    I just did a hard reset and have almost everything exactly the way I want it.
    Now, it looks like in order to get the PhotoContacts1.2 setup the way I want, I'm going to need to do another hard reset.

The question:
    Is there a way to either restore just part of a backup (not include the PhotoContacts in the restore- using Sprite, by-the-way) or do a hard reset and then do the selective restore?
    I'd prefer not to do the hard reset, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.
    I've already changed the caller ID cab in my ExtROM so that it will load the PC1.2 CID instead of the original. (Not 100% sure I did it correctly, but I'll find out on the next hard reset.) That's where the second (very similar) option comes in. I was figuring that I could hard reset, let the new caller ID load, then restore all the other programs- but I don't want it to restore the old caller ID!

Does anyone hard reset on any sort of regular basis intentionally? It seems like it might be "healthy".
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

Just went into Sprite's advanced settings and found that I can selectively backup items!
    Now, I'd appreciate some input about which items to leave off!
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

Not that anyone cares, but the hard reset with selective backup/restore didn't work so well. There must be a better way to do this, but I'm now backing up the difficult stuff manually and then I'm going to hard reset and just reinstall the data for the individual programs.

That should work.
    Peace ~ Trident

Now everything is working well.
    I copied the application data necessary for each program that I wanted to reinstall nto my hard drive.
    Put the PC1.2 into extROM.
    Hard reset.
    Reinstalled programs using activesync and regular installers.
    Spent a little time redoing all settings.
    Now we're running like a champ.
    Caller ID working correctly.
    Everything seems to be running quickly.
    Cheers.
    Peace ~ Trident