+ Reply to Thread

Question External USB storage?

I think I know the answer to this, but after exhausting the search function I decided to ask the experts.

For Christmas I asked for a 4gb SD card for my phone, my poor techo-ignorant parents got me a 6 gb Seagate Pocket USB Harddrive instead ( link for those interested )

Rather then embarrass them and mess with a return I have looked for a way to access the harddrive via my 6600.

Is this even possible?

I suppose if it were you could use thumb drives as storage too...

I don't think you are going to be able to use it. If you really can't tell them, then sell it on ebay...you can get somewhere around $75 to $90 bucks for it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600--> PPC 6600

just tell them they got the wrong item... it's not embarissing it's tech specific. Heck my family just gave me money to get the tech stuff that I wanted instead of going through returning wrong items.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    nope sorry not gonna happen.
    to use that the 6600 would have to act a a usb controller and the hardware just isnt there for it and if you did find an accesory to do it, you end up paying a lot of cash just to carry a clunky ol harddrive around
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen