+ Reply to Thread

Pocket PC Bluetooth FM Transmitter

PPC XV600 Friends,

I started to review a in searching but never really seemed to have had success. I am looking for a fm transmitter with bluetooth technology. I would like to be able to use my ppc phone with the fm transmitter to the car stereo.

Any suggestions?

Tvos

they are largely crap. too much static. you dont want one.

Inteller,

Tried this before in two cars. One of the cars it worked flawless and the other static due to charging the ppc and trying to play. I've been looking into the following:

http://www.vr-3.com/vr3_cdplayers.html but it would be so nice if they had bluetooth on this....

thanks for the info.

tvos

It seems like the "you don't want one" is referring to an fm transmitter, with which I agree. But is there really such a thing as a "bluetooth fm transmitter?" One would use one method of transmission or the other. What this would actually be is a bluetooth dongle that connects to the stereo, right? If you had a way to connect it to the stereo this seems like what everyone has desired from their 6600 and that the sound quality would be great with A2DP. I have an auxiliary jack in the car so I think if I just were to hook up an adapter from standard headphones(like the dongle for the bluetake headphones comes with) to 1/8" I could get good sound, if the 6600 will do A2DP. Then again, I can just connect my pocket pc directly to the auxiliary jack, but then I'm limited by the length of the cord.

I posted a thread about this earlier (Stereo audio to FM Xmitter via bleutooth) and got referred to the itech S35 - the only problem is that it is not easily available in the US. I am using a iRiver iTrip FM transmitter which I'm happy with as a transmitter.
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.