+ Reply to Thread

Close IE and connection together?

Hi gang. New owner of a Verizon VX6600. Great PDA, but there is one thing I am trying to find out and I didnt find it in a search. Is there a setting or program that will actually close Internet Explorer and the data call when you close it by tapping the X? I'll close it and then hold the end key, but it will immediately try to dial up again, until I go to the stop programs in the memory settings and end it.

I guess I'm the only one with this problem???

You're not the only one and it's getting annoying.
    Thanks,

Lou

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

Re: Close IE and connection together?

There are a number of apps that will make tapping the 'X' actually close (rather than minimize) your open program. They will not, however, end the data connection simultaneously. Your data connection is trying to reconnect when you try to close PIE because the program is still open in the background. From your post, I'm uncertain if you simply need a way to genuinely close apps or are looking for a solution to simultaneously close PIE (or other apps) and your data connection. Truely closing PIE will allow you to end your data connection normally without further conflict.

Some of the apps that will close your app by tapping the 'X' are:

SPB Pocket Plus
    Wisbar Advance2
    Magic Button

Originally posted by johnmax
    Hi gang. New owner of a Verizon VX6600. Great PDA, but there is one thing I am trying to find out and I didnt find it in a search. Is there a setting or program that will actually close Internet Explorer and the data call when you close it by tapping the X? I'll close it and then hold the end key, but it will immediately try to dial up again, until I go to the stop programs in the memory settings and end it.

Well having something that will truly end a program when you hit X will do for PIE. Then it will actually be closed and not try to dial up again when I disconnect. Then I could just end the data call. Would be nice to have an all in one to close PIE and the call at the same time. Will give one of those a try. Thanks.

I'm using SPB Pocket Plus and sometimes it still will try to reconnect two or three times after hitting the close button.
    Thanks,

Lou

Just close the data connection using your "End" red phone button!

Read this.....

http://dts.vzw.com/devices/verizon_w...faq.html#item9

How do I disconnect from the Internet? The XV6600 is designed as an "always-on device". However, the Microsoft Windows Mobile operating system allows users to disconnect their data session by pressing and holding the END key.

I've never had it try to reconnect....if all else fails try hard reset then your back to square one and it should work as decribed.

Z1
    Verizon xv6600

i use phonealarm and it has a button that lets me disconnect the internet. i ususally close IE and then hit hte button and it doesnt try to dialup again.
    Support the fine arts... Shoot a Rapper!
    Phone/PDA: Audiovox XV6600

I often just soft reset.