+ Reply to Thread

Playing mp3's via Motorola HS820?

Hi all,

I am new here but have searched for about an hour to no avail... I think the answer is "no", but is it possible to pair the motorolla HS820 in order to play mp3's (not just talk on the phone)?

I did see that there are a number of hacks available to help with voice command, etc. but didnt see any to enable this. IMO the headset would be PERFECT if I could just get it to also play MP3. I dont need stereo as I just want to play language learning files, etc.

I might be open to buying a different BT headset of similar size and performance to the HS820 if it can play mp3s, so if anyone knows a good alternative please suggest it.

Sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere, I didnt manage to find it in my searches so far.

no.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Well, thanks for being frank, should save me more effort.

Still open to suggestions from anyone about what good alternatives to the HS820 are for the purpose of playing mp3, while still being small and convenient as the HS820.