+ Reply to Thread

Navigation Question...

I have read all the FAQ's about the Navigation System for our PDA's but quick question...when someone calls me while i'm using the Navigation, does it mess it up or what happens?

Also, which brand of navigation is the best? Any one in particular? Thanks a lot.

S.K.D.

Are you talking about GPS navigation? If so, I use iGuidance and even GPSpassion says it is one of the best.

As for getting a call while using it....it is fine, you just won't get any of the voice prompts while on a call.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

Originally posted by HobbesIsReal
    Are you talking about GPS navigation? If so, I use iGuidance and even GPSpassion says it is one of the best.

As for getting a call while using it....it is fine, you just won't get any of the voice prompts while on a call.
    IGuidance, does it talk to you and tell you to make turns on certain streets like a regular navigation system?

Also, I read "iTrek/iGuidance combo" is that the one you're talking about. Where can I buy the system like you have? I am going to try to look on ebay.

http://www.semsons.com/ihiseblgpsre.html

Is this the one you were talking about??!?!

that is exactly the one I just bought yesterday for my wife's 6600.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com

that is exactly the one I just bought yesterday for my wife's 6600.
    The I-Blue with Iguiddance correct? So this is the best one and it talks with you accurately on which turns to make like a reg. navigation system, correct?

If so, I am going to buy this one too. I just want to make sure I am making a wise decision. Do you have this one too?

I have never tried this GPS with the 6600, but over at GPSpassion, who I have come to trust very much, has highly praised it.

Yes iGuidance does voice prompts with turn by turn directions. It will also find the nearest resteraunt, banck, park, etc...to you and tell you how to get there as you drive along. It is easy to use. It is easy to nav through the program.

I have been using iGuidance for over a year now and still love it.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com

Oh....I forgot to mention that if you join the GPSpassion.com Club you will get two coupons for 10% off at Semsons, which will more than pay for the club membership. Well worth it IMHO.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com

I have never tried this GPS with the 6600, but over at GPSpassion, who I have come to trust very much, has highly praised it.

Yes iGuidance does voice prompts with turn by turn directions. It will also find the nearest resteraunt, banck, park, etc...to you and tell you how to get there as you drive along. It is easy to use. It is easy to nav through the program.

I have been using iGuidance for over a year now and still love it.
    Which mount do you recommend with our 6600's?. I heard some mounts have some capabilities such as speakerphone capabilities to raise the volume when it is speaking directions to you...and also to charge the phone...

I will be using this with a 2005 Mercedes C 240. Thanks a lot I appreciate it man. It means a lot

http://www.semsons.com/poweredmount.html
    (a standard one comes with it for free)
    Last edited by XXSASSXX31; 12-30-2005 at 08:35 PM.

No problem.

If you are ordering the bundle package I would personally pay the $5 to upgrade the vent mount to a windshield mount, but that is purely a personal preference.

Here is another good site that I have been looking at ordering from for powered mounts for the 6600:

http://www.proclipusa.com/default.asp

As for hearing the voice prompts, this has never been an issue with me with iGuidance on the 6600.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com

No problem.

If you are ordering the bundle package I would personally pay the $5 to upgrade the vent mount to a windshield mount, but that is purely a personal preference.

Here is another good site that I have been looking at ordering from for powered mounts for the 6600:

http://www.proclipusa.com/default.asp

As for hearing the voice prompts, this has never been an issue with me with iGuidance on the 6600.
    Ya, the only problem is I don't think I would want my PDA hanging on the windshield...but I would love to see what mount is available which has a charger/speakerphone to raise the volume on the voice prompts. Thanks again

Originally posted by XXSASSXX31
    ...but I would love to see what mount is available which has a charger/speakerphone to raise the volume on the voice prompts.
    I'd try it out before you spend the money on the speakerphone. I keep xmradio blasting in my car all the time, and have no trouble hearing the iGuidance prompts. I use the ProClip mount with a regular car charger. That mount is much better than anything else I've used. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.