+ Reply to Thread

Need specific ROM update info

I've noticed a lot of threads on here about ROM updating, but nothing specifies who benefits from these updates, and who shouldn't use these updates. Like, would ROM 2.04 work for Verizon users and not Sprint users? And so on. And I'm not seeing a single thread that gives an exhaustive list of ROMs and where to download them.

So, that being said, can anyone help me find the best ROM updates for my specific phone and carrier?

I have a PPC-6600 with Sprint service and the following ROMs:

ROM 1.36.00 WWE
    Radio HA00_140
    Protocol AA3.3.301
    PRL 10026
    ExtROM 1.36.113 WWE

I'd appreciate a list of what ROMs I'd most benefit from and where I can obtain them from. And if there's anyone who is the "ROM guru" around here it would be nice if someone put together a list of ROMs and who would benefit from them, along with which ones shouldn't be used by people with specific carriers. That way, people don't load on ROMs for Verizon users when they have a Sprint phone or some such situation.

Thanks in advance for any help!

PRL is up to 10029, but that isnt going to fix your phone functionality any.

My Bluetooth is built in!
    When I had the ppc-6600 I found the 2.04 WWE ROM to improve bluetooth performance. It also added WMP 10 (I think, I never used WMP)
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

hopefully the upcoming update from sprint will add WMP10