+ Reply to Thread

stupid gps question

can you use tom tom or iGuidance without the bluetooth reciever.? say that i wanted to use it like driving directions canu do this?

iGuidance will work without a connection.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Geek
    More specifically...

The GPS navigation software packages will all use a bluetooth GPS receiver. You need to purchase the bluetooth GPS to make the software work "wirelessly."

I have been using a Deluo Bluetooth GPS and iGuidance for over a year with no issues.
    Dan Kunz - XV6600

Like jerryyyyy said, iGuidance will "work" without a gps receiver in that you can plan routes, check distances, etc., sitting in your living room with the receiver in the car. But to really use the system for driving as it was intended, you need to have a receiver. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

iGuidance is awesome.....better than TomTom.

TomTom also works without having the GPS reciever active. I think the option is called 'Advance Planning' and you basically can input your destination and an origin and it will calculate the trip. The driving directions aren't really explicit...basically the roads, turns, and distances. A cool feature though is that it can 'simulate' the trip on the display and you can control the speed. Pretty cool.

iGuidance is O.K., I guess. j/k
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.