+ Reply to Thread

Calendar Reminder Issue

I have a calendar reminder (NOT a clock alarm) that will not go away. It goes off at 2:45 am every night and the appointment that was originally attached this reminder has long since been deleted.

I've tried everything short of a hard reset. Of course that would fix it, but I have loads of programs and settings to preserve. I have backup files created, but then the reminder will also come back.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a place in the registry that I could delete a specific calendar reminder.

Programs include:

MS voice command
    SPB pocket plus
    pocket breeze and contact breeze
    MultiIE
    Sunnysoft backup manager

These programs all coexisted before this issue appeared.

I had a "similar" issue with an event that was causing an error every time I synced my 6601. My event was a person's birthday that was added to my calendar when the person sent me their contact info via outlook 2003.

I kept looking at the calendar (both on the desktop and pda) and neither showed an appointment for that day.

On my desktop, I exported the calendar data (going back to the start of the event {which was in 1999}) to a comma separated text file. Opening the text file with notepad, I saw that calendar events were grouped into separate sections. I found the offending event and realized that it was a copy of the contact located in a subfolder, as opposed to the obvious one in my main contacts...

Anyways, look for a copy of the original event in a subfolder, archive, etc in Outlook...

downloading the program "Check Notifications" should fix this quickly as it scans for duplicate events and other junk. It's a free program.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Right on target with "Scary Bear Check Notifications" program. I just deleted the offending event!!

Thanks a bunch amirmckelvey.

thank you thank you I'll be here all week...
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png