+ Reply to Thread

Third VZw 6600 in 5 months....can someone help???

I'm currently on my THIRD xv6600 with verizon. The sad thing about this is that i've only had the original phone from the first week in July!!..(July 5th to be exact)...

It seems that as I keep getting new "replacement" phones, they are in fact getting worse and worse.

First Phone -
    - Constant Freezing
    - TONS of missed calls
    - TERRIBLE audio quality
    - Problems switching from home screen to phone mode.

Second Phone -
    - Started freezing the day I got it.
    - More resets than I can count...
    Hard or Soft resets...you name it.
    - Still missing calls and emails and vm's.
    - Audio quality was ok for a month...then slowly degraded...
    - Hard shortcut buttons on outside would not work or would work half of the time...
    - Down portion of the 5 way worked 50% of the time....

Let's hope that my third one doesn't crap out on me like the last two. I asked nicely if it were possible to get a new phone and they told me as long as this phone is under 1 year manufacturers warranty...I will keep getting 6600's. The rep I spoke to told me that it is virtually impossible to have three bad 6600's in a row, but at the rate i'm going, this could be a higher number...

Anyone have any advice as to what I can do to get something?!?! Maybe a Treo 650, i730, or something! ANYTHING that is a PDA phone...

I would really like to avoid another 6600....so if anyone could please give me a number or something I can call VZW and have this resolved (hopefully with a different phone), I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Simon Chan

p.s. before I get flammed, please know that I have searched on the forums for quite a while to find the answers, did some research on this forum, and XDA-Dev. I'm at my wits end and I only posted on here becuase I don't know where else to go or anything else that I can do to help remedy my situation...
    Last edited by cambodian; 01-02-2006 at 09:44 PM.

Insane PDAer with a MOGUL!!!! centauress's Avatar
    My advice:

Go to Sprint, if it's feasible. QC is better with them.
    Sprint customer since Mar 01, PPC user since Apr 04 and Technophile since birth!
    Oct 06: Now completely convereged, connected and livin' large! Tablet PC+PPC = Ultimate Happiness!!! Woo-Hoo!

What are you loading on the device when you get it?
    I have this device and havent had a problem with it.
    At least nothing a soft reset wouldnt cure once in awhile.
    I may soft reset mine like once a week if that at all
    WDTS PEON

This is most likely an effect of the software you are loading on the handset. Get back up software, make a bare-bones backup of your essential info (NOT software), hard reset and run the phone with the bare bones on it for a day or so. See what happens. Then gradually add one or two sofware packages back until you reach a point of trouble.

Also, VZW has a three-strikes program - three bad replacement handsets and you get a new one. Just be careful and test even the new ones out thoroughly. A number of new handsets had the BT sleep issue right out of the box.

Good Luck,

Bob Duckworth
    My cellphone is smarter than your honor student.

I think it's the luck of the draw with these phones. I've had no problems with mine, but my wife too is on her third one.

Her first one would lock up, and it had a rattling noice when you moved it around.

The second one performed a hard reset whenever she pushed the green phone button.

The third so far is not showing any problems (fingers crossed).

I love this phone, and when it works the way it's supposed to, it's really nice to have.

Well, the first one all I had was a trial of phonealarm...and that was it....

second phone I just had the trial again and then took it off...didn't even sync it with all my information and it still froze and would sometimes lock up just when it wanted to.....

the WDTS rep told me to let it go a couple of days without anything on it...and i managed to allow it a week just for giving it the benefit of the doubt.....

centauress - I can't goto sprint...I just renewed my contract with VZ in July....and they're the best carrier in the area for cellular service.

Rduckwor1 - does that mean i'll get to have a different device? or just a brand new 6600?? i'mi happy with this phone when it works, just i've had more bad luck than good. I use it at best buy to communicate with our Double Agent while he's on the road....and sometimes i wont get txt's or emails or calls if he has questions or needs something when we cant' get to the phones......i dont care if i have to get another phone...but if thats the case...i want something that works!

thanks for all the replies!!!
    Last edited by cambodian; 01-03-2006 at 11:27 AM.

cambodian, you dont get a diffrent device. You get the same one.
    WDTS PEON

Well they gave me the choice of the i730 or another XV6600. They seemed a bit puzzled when I chose the 6600. But , I finally found one that worked as it should.

Good Luck,

Bob
    My cellphone is smarter than your honor student.

thanks everyone...especially VZWPEON and RDUCKWOR1.....i'm hoping this will do the trick for me!

-Simon Chan