+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flight Mode

Flight Mode

Ok, I did a search and can not find this anywhere....

My phone just started this today...

Flight mode will just turn on by itself.... Even when I am already on a call....

It has happened twice in 20 minutes....

any ideas?
    :butterfly :karate:

DLD

Use your stylus and go to the signal strength area and click it, and go to turn off flight mode.

Administrator
    did you install anything just prior to this happening?

have you done a sonft reset?

sounds like a program taking control of your phone...

Originally posted by XXSASSXX31
    Use your stylus and go to the signal strength area and click it, and go to turn off flight mode.
    This is not the answer.

It definately sounds like a runnaway program setting somewhere. Are you using phone alarm or another similar program?
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Either that or she's been playing in the registry.

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    did you install anything just prior to this happening?

have you done a sonft reset?

sounds like a program taking control of your phone...

Fully Converged
    perhaps button lock isnt on and you are accidentally holding the end button somehow?
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

Originally posted by helix139
    perhaps button lock isnt on and you are accidentally holding the end button somehow?

Exactly.

Originally posted by XXSASSXX31
    Your kidding right?? I haven't had this phone since May and not know how to turn flight mode off....

DLD

I think amirmckelvey and Marctronixx might be onto something. The latest installs were:

DesignLad XDA Phone Skin Chooser
    spb Full screen keyboard
    spd Diary
    ADBWeather Plus

The installs were in this order and had been installed for atleast a week before the problem occured.

It also has not happened today.... yet.

I also know I was not pressing the end call button...Because I was using the speaker phone and the phone was on the desk.

Weird, huh?
    Last edited by NinjaMom; 01-04-2006 at 11:28 PM.

DLD

Dont mean to hijack the thread, but where the hell is the speaker phone? or is this not a ppc 6600 sprint version option?

there is only one speaker on the 6600 and it is where you put your ear.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Originally posted by studio
    Dont mean to hijack the thread, but where the hell is the speaker phone? or is this not a ppc 6600 sprint version option?
    Amirmckelvey answered your question correctly, but if you also want to activate it, just press and hold the green phone button. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

I knew there was only one, but thanks for the "hold the green" button heads up!!!! Just tried it and worked!

Studio, to be honest, there are many many features that this phone has to offer and the speaker phone access is just a basic feature. You should spend time to read the manual so that you will get up to date on the basics.
    I only say this because my father refuses (doesn't have time) to read the manual for his 6600 and I find myself spending time showing him how to just do the basics all the time when I want to show him more advanced stuff like playing movies and streaming tv or internet radio.