+ Reply to Thread

Replacement xv6600 won't stay in EVDO 'mode'?

I just had my xv6600 swapped due to some random resets I was having. The resets seem to be gone on the new unit, but now I have a couple of new issues:

1) I'll lose EVDO connectivity. It'll stay on 1x. I live in an area that was one of the first to get EVDO over a year ago (Meadowlands, NJ area), and EVDO coverage between work/home has generally been pretty good.

2) VM notifications seem to not be working 100%. I just noticed that the LED checkbox for VMs wasn't checked, but the other options were, so I should've still had bubble notifications, right?

I haven't reinstalled much on the PPC yet, just Egress and ADP Weather+, which is much less than I used to run.

Just thought I'd throw this out here for any comments before calling VZW Support, where they'll probably just tell me to hard-reset. Anyone have similar issues that they were able to fix themselves?

BTW, I did the *228 1 & 2 options.

Thanks!
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Latest firmware updates done?

Good Luck,

Bob Duckworth
    My cellphone is smarter than your honor student.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

Re: Replacement xv6600 won't stay in EVDO 'mode'?

Ironically, it's because of this one issue that I'm having my 6600 replaced under warranty. No voicemail notifications of any kind are delivered currently, regardless of settings.

Are you able to receive text messages? Voicemail notifications are dependent upon text messaging being capable, for what it's worth.

Originally posted by lmychajluk
    2) VM notifications seem to not be working 100%. I just noticed that the LED checkbox for VMs wasn't checked, but the other options were, so I should've still had bubble notifications, right?

Yes. I'm not a big text'r, but I do get an occasional alert via SMS, so that's working. Oddly enough, I just came back to my desk where I left the PPC cradled, and there's a VM alert, and it's indicating 'EV'... I wish it would at least be consistant!

I didn't re-apply the FW update. The replacement device included ROM v.1.36.00 WWE, and Ext. ROM 1.36.117 WWE, which I think was the last 'official' ROM, right?
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter