+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy ''Not enough memory '' error message, when I have enough memory !

Has anyone else run into the " Not enough storage " error message when trying to launch Pocket Informant Contacts or Calender.
    I have it installed on my SD card and when I first load it or after a soft reset it runs fine when launching the app. BUT after a while when I try to start it I get the "not enough memory" message or the "spinning wheel of death" as I call it. ( When windows is searching for something, like during the reload after soft reset...that spinning WHEEL)
    I've also gotten the "missing critical component" message also. But after a soft reset everything is fine.......for a while.

I even tried to just put the start up icons in my start up window and NOT using it as the default program (which is how I had it before) and I still get the error messages after a while.

I have 25MB of usable storage and 45MB usable program memory showing when I get these messages. And I'm using a 4 GIG SD card with 1.5 gig left.

I don't get it? For you that are using P I , any fixes guys? Any one else have or had these issues?
    Thanzx!

Z1
    Last edited by Z1truth; 01-07-2006 at 04:40 PM.
    Verizon xv6600

I have the same problem occasionally - I just kill other running programs and then it's fine. I'm not sure about putting it on the SD card, though. I have mine in main memory. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

hmmm this not enough storage error is becomeing more and more common on this 4gb card...........
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Originally posted by sheureka
    I have the same problem occasionally - I just kill other running programs and then it's fine. I'm not sure about putting it on the SD card, though. I have mine in main memory. - sheureka
    I always check and kill [shut down] the other running programs in settings/ memory/running program, but to no avail.
    I still have to soft reset to get it to work.
    I don't have this issue with just using the regular program MS calender/contacts.

I also have defragged the 4Gig card after loading the last few songs and Pocket Informant program, but that didn't do anything.

Last edited by Z1truth; 01-07-2006 at 12:50 AM.
    Verizon xv6600

Well after installing Pocket Informant it seems it has done something to the windows 2003 SE operating system. After a soft reset.......all programs open with no problem, but after I use a few programs (and completely close them) and or the phone a couple of times..... BAM.....not only will PI not open, but now my iguidance GPS will not open or even my Bible program won't open till I soft reset again.
    And this is with a minimum of 25MB storage/45MB program memory left showing in setting/memory?!?!?!?!?!

Is there something I'm missing? Something I could manually close or delete so I don't have to soft reset?

I've searched everyhere for a answer but there are none for this prob that I can find that explain the amount of memory I have and still come up with the "not enough memory to launch program " error or the "spinning wheel of death" that never loads?!?!?!?!?!

Anyone? Please!
    Verizon xv6600