Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-12-2005
    Posts
    4

    Wink I went to the Sprint Store to have them fix my 6600 and walked away with a free 6700!

    I went to the Sprint store today because my 6600 had a rattle in it. I figured it was a loose screw. I also went to the sprint store because I wanted to know once and for all if they were going to offer a EVDO radio upgrade for the 6600. When I bought my 6600 6 months ago the rep told me they are going to be EVDO compliant. Well if you've all been following the boards there is discussion regarding if this is going to happen. Well I went to the store and had to leave my phone there for about 45 minutes. When I came back they told me they could not fix my phone. The rattle was still there and that they would swap it out. To my utter pleasure they don't have any more 6600!!!! So the rep had to get the manager and they had to give me a 6700!!! at no additional cost to replace my 6600!! Talk about an easy upgrade to Mobile 5!! I was shocked that they didn't tell me to call it in to the warrenty company (I have the coverage). I'm assuming it was because I bought the phone 6 months ago and that there was no sign of physical abuse. I'm not advocating breaking your phones now, but if your phone is a little messed up, you might want to see what your local sprint store will do about it. You might get lucky like me.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Registered User ycats's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-26-2002
    Location
    Antioch, Tennessee
    Posts
    891
    cool

  3. #3
    Registered User ycats's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-26-2002
    Location
    Antioch, Tennessee
    Posts
    891
    Is this the new procedure for using our warranty (Lockline) service? Instead of calling Lockline, we first take the phone into a Sprint store to see if they can repair? If they can't and don't have a 6600, will they give us a 6700 or tell us to call Lockline?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-10-2005
    Posts
    262
    that's interesting. For once in my life though I'm extremely happy with my phone....it does absolutely everything flawlessly. Just wish it had WM10 and the latest version of the HTC apps. Not sure if it is worth going to a 6700 for that.

  5. #5
    AkA DaPoets amirmckelvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-23-2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,191
    I watch so many movies on my phone now and LOTs of web browsing, I would actually be a bit upset if they gave me a 6700...
    darn small screen, stupid antenna, and sideways keyboard....
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

  6. #6
    Registered User sf_jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-18-2005
    Posts
    46

    Re: I went to the Sprint Store to have them fix my 6600 and walked away with a free 6

    Originally posted by dehart007
    I went to the Sprint store today because my 6600 had a rattle in it. I figured it was a loose screw. I also went to the sprint store because I wanted to know once and for all if they were going to offer a EVDO radio upgrade for the 6600. When I bought my 6600 6 months ago the rep told me they are going to be EVDO compliant. Well if you've all been following the boards there is discussion regarding if this is going to happen. Well I went to the store and had to leave my phone there for about 45 minutes. When I came back they told me they could not fix my phone. The rattle was still there and that they would swap it out. To my utter pleasure they don't have any more 6600!!!! So the rep had to get the manager and they had to give me a 6700!!! at no additional cost to replace my 6600!! Talk about an easy upgrade to Mobile 5!! I was shocked that they didn't tell me to call it in to the warrenty company (I have the coverage). I'm assuming it was because I bought the phone 6 months ago and that there was no sign of physical abuse. I'm not advocating breaking your phones now, but if your phone is a little messed up, you might want to see what your local sprint store will do about it. You might get lucky like me.

    Cheers

    What city did this happen in?

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-10-2005
    Posts
    262
    yeah, thats the other thing I dont like about the 6700, that stupid antenna. The phone has a nice form factor, then they mess it up with that.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-31-2002
    Posts
    255
    Originally posted by amirmckelvey
    I watch so many movies on my phone now and LOTs of web browsing, I would actually be a bit upset if they gave me a 6700...
    darn small screen, stupid antenna, and sideways keyboard....
    i agree, i'd rather have a 6600 than a 6700

    i'd be torqued if they swapped me


    dld

  9. #9
    Registered User sf_jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-18-2005
    Posts
    46
    the smaller screen size is what bothers me. Long live my 6600!

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-03-2006
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    15
    I had the G1000 and it stop syncing with my computer so i went to the sprint store and after 2 days of them tryin to get me a g1000 to replace it they just gave me a 6600 i am pretty pleased i love this phone. But i cant figure out the email i have the pop server right called my cable company and it wont work any help would be awesome

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-07-2005
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    184
    I have to go to the Sprint store this weekend and see if they have any fixes for my phone, hopefully they don't stick me with a 6700.. I'll be damn pissed.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-03-2006
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    15
    yeha most of them quit sellin the phone's but my store just had a trade in so i was pretty lucky i love this phone and have only had it for 6 hours already watched wedding crashers on it which i encoded with pocket dvd wizzard.

  13. #13
    Long Suffering User jerryyyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-13-2004
    Location
    Stanford, CA
    Posts
    1,247
    Yes, I traded my G1000 in for my 6600 this way due to s sticky key. I am hoping to keep my now classic 6600. My understanding from my rep is that they want to keep us in our contracts etc.. and replacement phones are a way of doing that. Figure $50, 60 or 80 a month x 24 months and that is a lot of cash.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-03-2006
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    15
    **** my bill is like 120 a month
    **** that 2880 for that damn contract after this contract ill just get my phone off ebay

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-12-2005
    Posts
    4

    The 6700 trade off

    All,

    The 6600 was very hard to give up for only 1 reason, the larger screen. The 6700 screens is about 1/2 inch all around smaller. That is the only Negative.

    Now that I've had the 6700 for a week I'd never give it up. I installed orb software and I'm streaming live TV and all my recorded media straight to my phone thanks to EVDO (I live in a EVDO area). The phone automatically switches to my wireless network at work and home (thanks to built in wireless). And my bluetooth headset sounds much clearer.

    I'm having a ball with the 1.3 mp camera included. It has a panoramic mode that auto stitches the multiple images together. The quality of the images are decent.

    What I found as a 6600 user was that I didn't use the keyboard as much as I thought I would. Partly because it felt cramped and it was quicker to use the on screen keyboard. If you haven't had a chance, go try the keyboard on the 6700. Because they built it in landscape mode the keys are huge compared to the 6600 and feel awesome. I'm using my keyboard a lot more and its actually very natural to use.

    So in general I'm extremly happy with the 6700 over the 6600. I was bum'd about the smaller screen, but it was well worth it in my opinon for the newer technology.


    Cheers

  16. #16
    AkA DaPoets amirmckelvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-23-2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,191
    nah no deal... I type very fast on the 6600 keyboard as I send and receive between 20-50 text messages and emails a day, watch movies (need larger screen than the 6700), my bluetooth earpiece works perfectly fine and a 1.3meg pix camera is just as usless as a 640x480. When they get to 3meg pix on a phone, then those pics will actually be worth printing out on a photo printer.

    VIVA LA 6600!!!!
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

  17. #17
    Registered User sf_jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-18-2005
    Posts
    46

    Re: The 6700 trade off

    Originally posted by dehart007
    All,

    The 6600 was very hard to give up for only 1 reason, the larger screen. The 6700 screens is about 1/2 inch all around smaller. That is the only Negative.

    Now that I've had the 6700 for a week I'd never give it up. I installed orb software and I'm streaming live TV and all my recorded media straight to my phone thanks to EVDO (I live in a EVDO area). The phone automatically switches to my wireless network at work and home (thanks to built in wireless). And my bluetooth headset sounds much clearer.

    I'm having a ball with the 1.3 mp camera included. It has a panoramic mode that auto stitches the multiple images together. The quality of the images are decent.

    What I found as a 6600 user was that I didn't use the keyboard as much as I thought I would. Partly because it felt cramped and it was quicker to use the on screen keyboard. If you haven't had a chance, go try the keyboard on the 6700. Because they built it in landscape mode the keys are huge compared to the 6600 and feel awesome. I'm using my keyboard a lot more and its actually very natural to use.

    So in general I'm extremly happy with the 6700 over the 6600. I was bum'd about the smaller screen, but it was well worth it in my opinon for the newer technology.


    Cheers
    Thanks for your thoughts. I am currently having the same feelinsg regarding the screen. It is the only reason I haven't jumped on the 6700. I played with a working model at the Sprint store and it felt a bit flimsy, but not enough to worry me. I guess its due to the 6600 feeling so sturdy IMHO.

  18. #18
    Registered User hodula1's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-10-2005
    Posts
    145
    You are all saying you like the 6600 over the 6700 cause you have not owned one. I used to say the screen was too small and I didn't like the fact that it switched to landscape when you open the keyboard. I have had one for a couple of months and I actually really like it. I carry it with me more now, use ORB, Mapopolis, stream music in the car...no complaints whatsoever.

    Now, if only it could make my lunch and....

  19. #19
    AkA DaPoets amirmckelvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-23-2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,191
    Apparently you have not read many threads here. Many of us have used the 6700 and there are a few people that gave their 6700's to their wives and kept the 6600 for themselves. That should say something...
    I hated the side keyboard feature, the antena, small screen, and fisherprice feel to it.
    Sorry but unless you have a real need for wifi AND downloading, the 6700 just doesn't cut it for many of us. SD wifi card is a nice substitute if you need the highspeed browsing/network usagae.
    WM5 has it's boat load of issues as well and there isn't nearly as much software out there yet for it.

    But enjoy, it is a good device, but not worth trading in my 6600 for my type of usage.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

  20. #20
    Registered User Shadowmite's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-17-2005
    Posts
    319
    I have to say I found my only problem with the 6700 to be the "fisher price" feel to it... I agree completely, it's design really went downhill compared to the 6600 considering they are made by the same group. Quite disturbing.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts