+ Reply to Thread

switching off headset during call

I just started useing my jabra BT250 headset more and I have an odd issue... How do you turn the headset off during a call? If I just hold the button down the headset shuts off but I can't use the phones builtin speaker/mic?!?! seems weird to me... I would have thought that the phone would just automatically take over. Is there a solution to this because it is my experience that to completely turn off bluetooth and then back on requires a soft reset... and that would be a pain and hang up my call.

Also while trying to turn on/off the built in speakerphone I don't know how many times I have started a new call and then hung up on someone. Is there a way to map the speakerphone on/off to a different key???

Thank you for the help.
    How in the heck do I get Voice Command to work on this speak and spell...... E.T. PDAPhoneHome ..... Elliot!

you could just use the touch screen to control all of that and hold down the talk button for a few seconds to start the speaker phone.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    Agree with amir that touch screen is usually the best to turn off the BT headset. If you tap the 'balloon' you should see a dropdown and one of the icons will be a picture of a pair of headphones with some squiggly lines. Tap this to open the headset details. There should be a link that says something like 'tap here to continue this call on the handset'. That should transfer control to the phone w/out closing BT.

yep or you can just do the quicky and turn off your bluetooth all together from the bottom right hand corner. I do that sometimes w/ just my finger in a hurry.
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

I have the same issue. Even after turning off BT, I cannot make or receive any calls unless I reboot the PPC. Very annoying when your BT headset is far away from phone or if you just want to use the phone. Any one have any ideas?

jv

instead of rebooting, try turning the radio (flight mode) on and then off. That seems to work for me when I have that glitch.

People have to remember that we are using the top of the line tech here and it's going to have problems that the manufacturers would not have been able to find on their own as there are countless hardware and software combinations that we are just now puting their products through and the need for the daily soft reset, occational hard reset, and program removals is just what you pay to play.
    Last edited by amirmckelvey; 01-11-2006 at 02:51 PM.