+ Reply to Thread

getting sd card wifi to work on verizon xv6600

I'm new to all this PocketPC/phone stuff, so pardon me if this has been discussed before.

I have a verizon xv6600. I bought a wifi sd card to use with it, but I could never get the unit to use the card instead of the phone network for browsing, etc. the card did work, I was able to at least see my wifi net, but whenever it tried to browse, email, etc... it would use the phone network. I even turned the phone off to try to force it to use the wifi card, but that wouldn't work either.

can anyone tell me how to get the ppc to use the wifi card, or at least point me in the proper direction?

thanks...

I would imagine that you're going to need to go to Settings, then Connections, then Network Cards. Where it says "My network card connects to:", use the drop-down and change it to the Internet. OK the windows, soft-reset, and see where that gets you.

Might also help if you tell us what WiFi card you're using in case there are some other little nuanaces. Although if it detected available networks, doesn't seem the physical card is the problem.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

hi, big. thanks for the reply.

I had followed the procedure you mentioned, but that didn't seem to help.

it was an ambicom wl11-sd. I've already taken it back for a refund thinking that verizon probably only wants you to use their network.

but it just stuck in my craw that it wouldn't work, and that there has to be a way of making it work.