+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speakerphone

Speakerphone

Does anybody know of a way to activate speakerphone without holding down the phone button for 3 seconds. Is there a way to make it just a screen tap or something?? I hate holding down the button in the middle of a conversation and either missing some of it or having it blast my ear when it starts.

thanks
    xv-6600 pocket plus,world mate, Avantgo.

Other than holding the physical talk button or the on screen talk button, the only way I know of to do it is programmatically. I am not sure if any of the third party dialer applications offer a dedicated speakerphone button.

The TAPI (telephone API) for the Pocket PC 2003 SDK provides a "phoneSetHookSwitch" function which allows the programmer to enable the mic and speaker separately or simultaneously. So, the functionality is available, it is just a question of whether any third party apps use it.

It would have been nice for the built-in dialer to have an icon, like to mute one, to select/deselect the mode with a quick poke...

so a thrird party dialer might have it available. hmm I will do some searching. thanks

I found out why it can't be done so if anybody else searches for this hopefully they will find this thread.

Is a Limitation of HTC devices. Microsoft reserved VK_F16 (VK_TSPEAKERPHONETOGGLE) for this, but HTC didn't implement it. Would be easy to do, for their phone app is owner of the hookswitch device, and a simple call will activate it.
    I can confirm this. Through our hardware supplier, I was able to contact HTC and received a definite reply that this cannot be done via a user application

Talking Speakerphone

NO FREAKING WAY, I did not know that, I had the freakin 6600 for about a year and I didnt know you could activate the Speakerphone by holding the talk button down for 3 secons. I love this forum.

Re: Speakerphone

Originally posted by Kushed
    NO FREAKING WAY, I did not know that, I had the freakin 6600 for about a year and I didnt know you could activate the Speakerphone by holding the talk button down for 3 secons. I love this forum.
    Did you get an operators guide with the unit?
    i910- No matter where you go, there you are - I miss my I760