+ Reply to Thread

wmodem && winxp pro 64bit question

is there a way to get wmodem and winxp pro 64bit to work through usb cable?

i tried to install the cdma text driver for winxp 32bit on the 64bit machine but it dont work.

also another good questions is can wmodem add wifi to its menu selection (where bluetooth, usb and irda are) so we can use the pda as a wifi internet modem connnection?

thanks

come on guys this i hope is a priority as alot of ppl are switching to 64bit windows

please please cell phone gods

just wait till you all have a 64bit os and cant connect your computer to net through your pda cause there is no .inf file that is 64bit compat

I'm right there with ya brutha. So far I've got a scanner, webcam, and digicam that I can't use on my PC because there's no 64-bit drivers. However, if you can figure out what INF the driver uses in 32-bit mode, check and see if all the components it uses have an analog in the 64-bit version.

For example, I've found that my digicam's INF just calls on the USBSTOR.SYS file which is a generic driver common to both versions of XP. But so far I've been unable to rewrite the INF properly to get it to work. (Mostly because I'm almost clueless how an INF works, but I've had partial success.)

i wa thinking bout that also

i think the .inf files calls usbmodem.sys or something like that (im on my pda currently so not looking at the .inf file)
    anyhow i remember looking for a 64bit driver with the same name as the 32bit one in the inf file and had no luck

thnx