+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ghost email?

Question Ghost email?

During a wireless Sync, I had a few things going on. After it sync'd it shows 1 uread email. I have looked everywhere for the email and there isn't one. I have done about 5 soft resets and still no change. Even after wireless sync and I get more email and delete everything, still says 1 unread email. Any Suggestions short of hard reset?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    oh no need to mention what phone you have.
    Let's just assume a verizon phone.

Log onto the verizon wireless synch site.
    Delete the emails.

Synch or sych express.

rejoice.

E

That didn't work either. There are no emails anywhere and it still shows up as 1 unread email. Any other Suggestions?

Well, yesterday or the day before, my phone went through a hard reset. When it came back on it still said one unread email. what's goin on?

Please anybody!

Have you checked the server to make sure there isn't really an email?
    Hit send/receive and see if anything downloads? Some sort of message from your nameless provider? Or from God, telling you to provide more information so that you can be helped?
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

msi
    I have the same problem with the 1 ghost email unread. It's not in any of the folders, the Verizon email to which it is synced, not on the originating email server that my verizon system is linked.

I have just learned to live with it, unfortunately. However, I like the idea of some mysterious message being the source. But then I really want to read it. But it just doesnt exist.

trident, sorry not to give the provider but if you see my response to Ehud where I said I did what he said, You might pick up the clue as to who my provider is (Just in case you cant, it's Verizon)!

I have checked Verizon, Road Runner, and outlook. No email. Deleted all messages, soft reset, and hard reset. Still one unread message. I there a place to look to seewhere the emails are stored on the phone to see if there is a corrupt file that is there, that won't show up in outlook?

Thanks again.

I had this happen one time. Because I my email settings include leaving a copy of the original email on the server, and I knew I wouldn't accidentally lose anything important, this is what I did:

- Clear the email on that account. The ghost email was still there.
    - Delete the email account on the 6600.
    - Recreate the email account on the 6600.

Bye-bye, ghost email. Everything was back to normal. I haven't had an inaccessable email since then. But if I do, I'll just delete and recreate the email account on the phone again.