+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Listen to MPEGs on my bluetooth headset, why not?

Just got my H500 Motorola Bluetooth headset and thought it would be more then handle to be able to listen to audio lessons or music (mono) from my xv6600. But can't find anyway to redirect the to audio to the bluetooth headset. Anybody have a idea? There is a hack for the I730 posted that redirect all audio to a headset, but this hack doesnt work on the xv6600.

there is a bt patch here . it is in the patch and update the sticky. it will add the a2dp profile to the phone to support what you are trying to do. i haven't had great success myself trying it. i've been struggling to get my itech clip s headset to stay paired. there are posts here you should search for more details on how people got it to work. also read all the stickies they are loaded with info that will answer many questions you are bound to ask.

Sorry, never found any links of patches here that would work for me. Did the patch but no luck. Any more ideas would be very helpful.

The BT audio gateway, which directs all audio to a BT headset, only works with the M$ BT stack, which is what the I730 and 6700 use. It does not work with the BT stack on the 6600/6601.
    The A2DP high quality stereo profile works with the 6600/6601, but not the I730 or 6700 (although M$ is rumored to be planning an update that will make it work).
    The A2DP profile works well with some BT stereo headsets, less well with others. The BT Mini Stereo works well with my PPC-6601; the Clip S does not work nearly as well (unless I use it with the Bluecon35 BT audio adapter, which seems to defeat the purpose of having BT on the device).
    Full details of what works, and what doesn't are mostly available on the i.tech stereo thread, available here .
    Mick

I am just wondering

Can someone not rip the MS Stack from the i730 and remove the BT stack we have on our 6600s?

So on a hard reset we have the 'better' of the two (especailly for voice dialing over BT)?