+ Reply to Thread
    S and K

What is this file that I cant back up

Guys,

Recently when doing a full back up using Active Sync, there is a file named "S7CALDB" that A/S is unable to back up, and of course when I try to do a restore there is always a problem because this file is missing.

Why cant AS back up this file and what can I do to resolve it.

Thanks

S

S and K
    OK after doing a little research in file explorer on the 6600, I found the file, its part of Sprints Buis connection.

But what happens thou is when I have to do a restore, that file isnt copied over and then BC doesnt work. When I then try to D/L BC again it downloads fine, but wontr install, saying cant mount database error.

It looks like this file gets replaced everytime the phone gets mail pushed/pulled to it. by looking at the date and time.

I tried just copying the file to the Storage card as a back up and get this error from the ppc

Cannot move file "S7CalDB" The process cannont access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.

Any ideas on how to remidy this. This started happening when Sprint released their new Sprint BC

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    No need to worry.

Since you're not really doing a backup, it doesn't matter whether that file works or not.

One day when you REALLY want to backup your PPC, use a real backup program like Xbackup (free and on your ppc) or Sprite Backup (much better).

Cheers

Ehud
    PS "remedy" has no "i" in it.

S and K
    Ehud,

Ok..... funny... But I just tried XBACKUP, and it hangs on that same file as well.

I dont mind buying Sprite if its actually going to work

S

If you buy sprite backup and it hangs
    on that same file

I'll buy your sprite backup from you.

Ehud

FYI, I use Sunnysoft Backup Manager which also works fine. I had reason to use my backup this weekend when some alphawear pod reader software brought the house down. After my restore I notice that that Business Connection software was back even though I had removed it prior to may backups to save space. So I guess it is sitting in the Sprint ROM ready to comeback when given the chance hence would not worry about losing this precious cargo.

Cheers
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Originally posted by StaciO
    Ehud,

Ok..... funny... But I just tried XBACKUP, and it hangs on that same file as well.

I dont mind buying Sprite if its actually going to work

S
    StaciO - Sprite is the only Software where I could successfully RESTORE the back. All others required installations of 1 or more CAB files. I would also recommend the program!
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

90% of people on this Forum seem to use Sprit. I use the other one because to stay orgaized with updates I download all my software from PockeGear and they did not have Sprite when I needed a program. All are way faster/more reliable than Xbackup.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Xbackup never backs up some key files, including some for Voice Command, on my VZ 6600.

Originally posted by johnmax
    Xbackup never backs up some key files, including some for Voice Command, on my VZ 6600.
    you might want to try turning VC off before doing the backup. Maybe something isn't backed up properly because it's locked.

Originally posted by Xyzzy
    you might want to try turning VC off before doing the backup. Maybe something isn't backed up properly because it's locked.
    I am not sure how you can easly turn off VC every time you want to backup. One of the benefits to Sprint is that it stops all program before the backup begins. (Requires a soft reset following) VC restores with out issue.

Actually I am running a restore tonight - Problems with to many beta's
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041

S and K
    Originally posted by Ehud
    If you buy sprite backup and it hangs
    on that same file

I'll buy your sprite backup from you.

Ehud
    Ehud,

Be careful what you ask for, I bought Sprite and after it completed the back up, it displayed a warning.

There was 2 files that it couldnt back up.

And yes the "S7CalDB" FILE couldnt be backed up.

Aggrevateing

S

S and K
    Bump,

Anyone with ideas

Send me your sprite backup and your email address and a receipt and I'll paypal you the funds.

I truly don't know what that file is or why it can't be backed up... and I'm going to stand by my word.

Ehud

Originally posted by StaciO

There was 2 files that it couldnt back up.

And yes the "S7CalDB" FILE couldnt be backed up.
    That's the Sprint BizConn calendar database. No idea why yours won't back up. Mine backs up just fine (with Sprite). You probably have a corrupted file - I'd remove the BizConn program, reinstall it, and then resync. Make sure you put the phone in flight mode before you back it up. If the phone is trying to connect to BizConn when you're in the middle of a backup it creates all kinds of problems. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

S and K
    Ehud,

I appreciate you standing by your word, but if I decide to return it, Sprite offers a 14 day return guarantee. I would prefer you to help me figure this out.

Heres what I know... If I HR the phone and the 1st thing I do is go get the software it will work, but then I cant do a restore of all my other data.

If I try a restore from any back up in the last 4 months, everything seems to restore fine except for Sprint BC, If I try to reinstall the software or uninstall BC then reinstall it, it will download , begins the install then a "DM Process Config XML error" pops up.

Again uninstalling and redownloading does the exact same thing

Now if I go back to a restore from Sept of 05, it works fine, but its a older version of BC. After I resync lock codes and after the 1st succesful sync, the software asks me if I want to update BC, I hit ok and it works fine. No problem and Im updated to the latest and greatest. But again I can only do that by restoreing from a 4 month old back up and then updateing to the newest BC using the old version as the vehicle.

Looking at all the backups over the last 4 months using AS, they all have this S7 file not backed up warning.

But again whats weird here is if I start with a fresh hard reset phone, I can install the newest BC software.

I hope somebody maybe can see where there is a error and enlighten us both.

S and K

What happens if you overwrite this file with another file... And then instead of unistalling bizcon install the new one on top of it.

I can't do any of this... verizon doesn't have this software.

E